Monday, June 13, 2011

Paper Playtime Challenge


For our Challenge #48, we'd like to see your Z-Fold Cards!!  Z-Fold cards are as easy as folding a regular card  then folding the cover in half back onto itself.  They can also be more elaborate as you'll see in some of our Design Team Member's inspiration for you below.  Use any colors and themes you'd like for your Z-Fold cards.  We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Here is my Z-fold card:


To create this, I made a diagonal cut from the top of the first fold down to the last fold.  So you are only cutting two of the three folds.  To create the fun pattern, I used a Martha stewart punch along the whole top of the card.  I added a white Prima flower over a crochet flower and add the ribbon to keep it closed.

The bear is a Stamp from Crafter's Companion (Thanks a Bunch) I colored with Copics.  



I then added some birthday sentiment stamps from Close to My Heart and a couple of flowers and bling.  I used a doubled sided paper for the card which I think is American Crafts.
































Now get your Z-Fold Card creativity flowing!  This challenge ends NOON EST Saturday, June 25th.   Our sponsor this challenge is PEACHY KEEN STAMPS with the PK-470 Happy New Year Assortment. YOU MUST HAVE A USA SHIPPING ADDRESS TO QUALIFY TO WIN, BUT NOT TO PLAY. There are 31 stamps in this set, and don't worry - even though it's called Happy new Year Assortment, they are perfect for EVERYTHING year round!


Hope your Monday is a good one!  

Denise

12 comments:

Glenda said...

Gorgeous! Love it!
Glenda

Mary said...

This is beautiful!! I love the border punch, nice touch.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love your gorgeous card. I have not made one of these. May have to give it a whirl while I"m off this summer. :)

Carla said...

AWWWW what an adorable card.

♪♫♥ Charity Crafter ♪♫♥ said...

This is ooo pretty x Leigh x

Divinity said...

this is an amazing card!!! that border makes it so lovely!!! :)

Barbara Bruder said...

Love your card.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card design! Love the paper!

Karla Carneiro said...

Wow this is an amazing card!!! Loved it!!
Kisses.

Marlene said...

Your Z-fold card is so pretty, Denise!!! (Trying to train myself to call it a ZEE fold card as opposed to a ZED Fold card.....heehee!)

ScrappingStephanie said...

Denise this is stunning. Gorgeous colors and love the edge punch you used. That little bear is so darling. Great coloring too. Such wonderful inspiration.

Betty Anne said...

Your card is beautiful Denise and I love how you explained how to make it. I always thought they would be so hard but I see I was wrong.