Monday, June 27, 2011

Crafter's Companions new stamp

Hey all,  Long time since I've blogged!  We went out of town a week and half ago to hang out with a couple of moms that we went to China with when we adopted Lara.  It was awesome seeing how big the girls are getting.  We stayed at the MGM and played in the lazy river the first couple of days, and spent the next two days at my friend, Stacy's house.  9 kids running around playing.  Everyone had so much fun :)  








Unfortunately, my kids caught a cold, which turned into a sinus/eye infection and both have been on breathing treatments since we got back.  So we've been a little busy here.  I did have time to make this card for Crafter's Companion.  The stamp set I used, Humphrey's Birthday Conga, is may favorite of their new line of stamps.   I just think the partying elephants doing the Conga are soooo cute!



I made the shaped card with my Cricut Expression using the Birthday Bash cartridge.  Then I colored the adorable image with Copic Sketch markers.   I adhered the stamped images to green card stock, added a strip of matching paper below it, and stamped "Let's Party!" sentiment from the stamp set at the bottom. 



Finally, I punched out three small balloons from the designer paper and popped them off the card with Double Sided Adhesive Foam squares. 

You can see all these fun new stamps here.  Here's a quick pic of them.  You can will this entire set next month at our Crafter's Companion challenge blog next month.  Stay tuned for more details on the 2nd :)



I'll be back later with my Paper Playtime post later tonight :)


Denise

3 comments:

thekolbes said...

LOVE your card, adorable. Hope the girls are feeling better
Trish

madebyKarla said...

What a cute card! I think you're right, those elephants are adorable! I hope your kids are feeling better!

Carolina said...

I was wondering why you hadn't posted anything. Good to hear you had fun and hope the kids are getting better. Love that elephant card!!!