Monday, May 23, 2011

Tea Light Card

Hey everyone,

Got back from Color Connection yesterday and it was AMAZING!  I made some of the coolest things.  I will definitely be posting all about it this week after I take some pictures of the projects I made.  Today I have an awesome Tealight Card I made using both our brand new Boxer and Envelobox boards for my Ultimate Crafters Companion Tool, as well as the The Ultimate Crafter's Companion Advanced Construction Techniques DVD.  

I decided to start off by making one of the beginner projects on the DVD, the Tea Light Card.  On the DVD Sara Davies, the creator of these amazing tools, takes you through each step.  It was so each to follow her directions as she made each project.  Look what I was able to make for my very first project:


Is that a wicked cool card, or what?  I used paper from our Fairyopolis 12x12 Paper Pad to create the card.  The entire card is made from one piece of paper.  I then used a yellow sheet of paper from the same paper pad to create the border on the front of the card.  The images are rub-ons from the Fairyopolis Complete Cardmaking Kit.  I absolutely love these rub-ons!  They always go on perfectly.  I can't stand when pieces of rub-ons won't come off their sheet.  I also applied two Fairyopolis rub-ons inside the card as well.

Next, I followed along with the DVD and made a perfect Envelobox to fit my Tea Card.  I applied a couple more rub-ons the front of the Envelobox and back flap of it.  Now it's ready to be addressed and mailed off.  


Wouldn't these be perfect for Christmas time with some Tree or Cinnamon scented candles?  Or perhaps for a teacher or someone who isn't feeling well?  I plan on making lots of these this year.  I love how easy and amazingly beautiful they are.  And this is only the first project I've created. 

Have a wonderful day!

Denise

6 comments:

Carla said...

Very cool!

Kelly Massman said...

Love it!

Nati Tristan said...

Oh that's a nifty and cute idea!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

So crafty clever. Love this. :)

Marlene said...

What a FABULOUS gift idea! Love it!!!

Sorry I haven't been around much this week... I took a break from bloggy land to focus on spending time with my visiting daughter. Trying to get caught up again now.

Stacy H-W said...

Great card girl! LOVE IT! Can't wait to whip out my Ultimate Tool and make one myself!