Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Prima Birdhouse

Hey all,

Here is my first project I made at the Color Connection event.  I just love this birdhouse.  It is canvas and we first primed it with a few sprays of water and then glimmer misted it.  I choose pink, of course.  Then we decorated the roof and window with a beautiful lace trim and added lots of flowers and birds using Fabri-tac.  It was the first time I have used it and it sticks sooo well.  A lot like Helmar's 450.



The birdhouse is all one piece and holds it's shape by 4 snaps, though we did glue the roof down.  Inside the album is 6 house shaped canvas pieces.  What a cute way to decorate a mini album.  Though I haven't decorated the inside yet, we did use a mask and glimmer misted all the pages.


One of the best things about these classes were the huge amount of product they give you.  Unlike most classes where they cut out a flower and just give you what you need, we got whole packages of really gorgeous flowers, embellishments, and glimmer mists.  We would use one or a couple of a project and have so many left.  This included stamps as well.  We recieved an entire 12x12 package of huge stamps from Prima, and like 3 gorgeous packages of stamps from Pink Paislee.  The ones from Pink Paislee were to die for.  I love that all three companies are designing products to go together.

One interesting thing I also learned was that Tattered Angels is no longer going to see anything other than glimmer mist in the future.  They are not going to have a CHA booth in July either.  So if you have been putting off buying any of their other products, nows the time to get it.

I'll be back tomorrow with another project and more about the event.

Have a great night :)

Denise

6 comments:

Marlene said...

It turned out fabulous!!!

Now...what's this I hear about some pants? LOL.

Carla said...

oh that is super cute.

Kelly Massman said...

Beautiful clock Denise! Glad you and Stacy had a wonderful time!!!!!

Stacy H-W said...

Sooooo much fun!! Yours turned out beautifully. I want to go again!

Kelly Massman said...

HA HA! I know it's a birdhouse--and a gorgeous one at that.. I'm going to have to slow down when I visit blogs!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Gorgeous birdhouse. Love all of the Prima flowers too. :)