Monday, May 30, 2011

Our Family Summer Fun list layout

Now that Lara only has a week left of school and Nicholas 2 weeks left, it's time to make a list of things to do.  Usually I just save the list on the computer but I thought it would be fun to make a layout of it, post in on our fridge, and then create an album entirely about our Summer Fun.  This way the kids can pick what they want to do for the day.  I left a few spots open for when we have other ideas, like amusements park, which I'm sure we'll go to a couple of them.

I got the idea from a blog that I absolutely love, The Crafting Chicks.  I used a lot of their ideas and added a ton of my own as well.  I'd add the link to the article, but their blog is down for some reason :(  If anyone wants my list, email me and I'm happy to share it.  (Word file)


I used some Echo Park and Imaginese.  Both have nice bright fun images.  Perfect for Summer.    You'll probably have to click on the picture to actually read the list.  Does anyone else make Summer lists?  What's your favorite thing to do with your kids over Summer break?

I also entered my layout in the following challenges:
Penny's Challenges - Here comes Summer
Sew Many Challenges - Circles
Fresh Brewed Designs (monthly challenge) - Summer
Fresh Brewed Designs (weekly challenge) - Anything but a card
My Time to Craft - Use a die cut
Do you Stack up to us? - Animals
2 Sisters Challenge blog - Anything goes
Crafting for All Seasons - Anything goes

As it's Memorial Day here in the U.S., I also want to thank the military and their families for the sacrifices they make every day to keep our country safe.

Denise

13 comments:

WencheP said...

What an great idea. Thank you for joining us over at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Tara said...

Super fun idea! This will make an excellent title page for a summer scrapbook!
Tara

Carla said...

what a great idea.....love it!

Sharon said...

What a wonderful idea!! Sounds like ya'll are going to have an awesome summer!!!! :)

Heather said...

I love the idea of a fun list!!! Adorable project and super cute papers!

Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Brewed Challenges Anything but a Card Challenge.

Heather D.
Fresh Brewed Designs

ScrappingStephanie said...

Totally fabulous. Love your idea and how you are planning to do a LO with each event. I am sure the kids are so excited about this. The colors and papers are perfect for this!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun summer idea! Love it!

marie levite said...

This is awesome~thanks for sharing.

Marlene said...

I lurrrrve your list! What a great idea! It will be fun for you to see how many of those things you checked off it by the end of summer. :)

Stacy H-W said...

Super great idea! It will be fun to see how many of these you guys do and that you get scrapped. Good luck!! Have fun! Where is...Visit the Watson's??!! Shouldn't that be on the list?

princesskitten said...

That is such a neat idea - love it

kitten DYSU team

Hannah Clark said...

What a fun idea! I may have to case! I hope you and your children have a lovely summer! Thanks for joining us at Penny's!

Peggysue said...

Lucky kids to have such a fun Mom. Its cute AND fun looking! I’m glad you joined us for the Do You Stack Up? ANIMAL challenge & hope to see you again!