Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Frosted Design Sketch and Project 2011

I did a fun sketch this weekend using Frosted Design's Sketch with my friend, Stacy.  (via email).  We had 45 minutes and had to use Stickers (that is always so hard for me!), flowers, metal (could be colored) and Stickles.  Nothing else.  I really liked getting into my stash and using some of my neglected stickers.





Also it's time for your Project 2011 update.  I will post the links of everyone's blog on Tuesday so get them ready :)  


As to my month...I failed miserably!  Just completely failed.  And you know how that goes, spend money on something might as well keep going since I already caved...LOL!!!  First I signed up for a Copic Cert. Class.  And then I actually needed to buy a few Copics if I was going to learn how to use them.  Then Stacy told me there were 3 other Copic classes the day before the Cert. Class by the same teacher.  Okay that was bad.  But then I fould out that some of my favorite companies were having a whole weekend with their owners and top designers.  One of them was Prima, so I HAAAAAD (whiny voice) to sign up.  It's only being held a couple hours away from me.  And then I needed a hotel for Stacy and I to share. ( She was my partner in crime and failed this month too.)  

One the plus side though, I used up some old supplies I've had such as paper, stickers, and flowers.

Being my birthday, I got a couple of gift cards.  Do I go and spend them and hope my willpower will keep me from going over?  Will I turn to the dark side again?  Guess we'll see.  Stacy sent me a lovely gift package of awesome scrap stuff to play with, as well as a gift card to Michaels.  It's she so sweet?  I also got a gift card to Joann's from my mom-in-law, as well as a new DCWV paper pack.  Yup, I am in heaven!

Can't wait to see how you all did this month!  Any other repressed shoppers go nuts?  Or did you do better this month?

Denise

17 comments:

Carolina said...

ROTFL! That is a fun post! What can you do? Just enjoy what you got and hope you spend less next month!!!! I wish I gad classes like those I could attend nearby!

Marlene said...

Fail, schmail....you still have some gorgeous layouts! :)

cindy said...

LOVE UR LO!!! Ur's turnout so much better than mine. I'm nut even going to post mine it's that yucky. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a sweet comment. So you didn't do so well this month but you are taking classes and learning new things which helps you live longer so you can use up all your stash:) You are by no means a failure and that's all there is to it!! Big hug,
Cindy

Nati Tristan said...

Fun projects! lol! I'm sorry you failed... I'm a failure in that too though! lol!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Fun lay-out!

I have to say I did a lot better than last month and really used my stash!

Fern said...

Super cute layout!! Love the title and the colors!!! Thanks for playing along with ux over at Frosted Designs - Sketch Along Tuesday!! Hugs!!

Sandy Ang said...

Love your bright and colourful LO using those sassafras papers.

Vicki said...

It's okay Denise - we even out. I didn't fail this month. I'll go do my post now. You can't take from your stash something you don't own, so buying copics is okay. And classes to improve yourself can't count either.

Scrapenabler said...

Love your layout!

Karin said...

Great take on the sketch, love the colors so bright and playful. Thanks for playing with us on Sketch Along Tuesdays @ Frosted Designs

Hugs

Andrea said...

Fun layout! Thanks for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

So cute and adorable. Love the fun colors on this one. :)

Nanne said...

I'm so happy to read that others have the " I have to's and I want to's!" also..LOL
this is such a fun take on our sketch.. I think you've done an awesome job..
thanx for playing along with us girls over at Frosted Designs..
hugs
Nanné

Kelly Massman said...

Fun take! :-)

Jacilynn said...

oh, I love this layout, so colorful and fun

Stacy H-W said...

I love all the enablers over here!! Why don't you guys come visit my blog and tell me it's okay for me to shop too!!?? LOL

You know I love your layout. I always have fun doing this challenge with you even if I struggled this time. Hugs

Tara said...

I did great in March but April has started off a bit badly :S
Tara