Monday, April 25, 2011

Fairy tales can come true



Like most girls, I adore fairy images. When I opened up my Fairyopolis Card kit, I was in heaven.  The first thing I wanted to use were the Fairyopolis die cuts.  They are absolutely gorgeous.  I decided to make a 12x12 canvas sign for my scrapbook room.

I started my project by painting a white piece of 12 x 12 canvas with blue acrylic paint.  I also sprayed it with lots of Glimmer Mist.  When it had dried, I adhered lace around the edges of the canvas in the back with hot glue.  By doing this, I didn't have to worry about glue showing. Once this was done,  I layered flowers along the canvas border.  I added pearls to the center of the flowers and outlined the  flower petals with Stickles.


Next, I attached a vellum quote to a piece of the Fairyopolis paper and placed it in the center of my canvas.  Isn't it just perfect?  


I added a row of white flowers around the edges of the quote, applying more stickles and bling to the centers.  Then I added another row of bling inside the white flowers.  The kit contains extremely sticky three dimensional tape which I used to layer my fairies making them really pop out.  The kit contains multiple layers of the fairies just for this.  I applied more Stickles to the fairies' clothes and wings, as well.  Fairies need lots of glitter :)   Then I just had fun placing fairies and more flowers with Stickles along the petals all over the canvas.  



Finally I added a sheer ribbon to the back for hanging.  I made a bow with my Crafter's Companion Ultimate Tool, which I attached to a clear thumb tack.  The bow hides the tack perfectly.  Then I hung my sign over it. 



Hope everyone has a wonderful week.  Today is the last day of the kids' Easter Break.  Tomorrow I have a FABULOUS post and giveaway so make sure you stop by :)

Denise

9 comments:

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love those adorable fairies. And the flowers are gorgeous. :) Hope you and your family had a Happy Easter! :)

Stacy H-W said...

Absolutely stunning!!

Nati Tristan said...

That's very very cute!

Eileen Bergen said...

I blogged about the Crafter´s Companion Giveaway you're running today ;-)

I love all the dimension you have on this card!

Eileen Bergen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carla said...

Wow that is just adorable.

Marlene said...

How gorgeous, Denise!! Love it!

Carolina said...

This is so beautiful! Love your fairies!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so adorable! We are all about the fairies in my house! My little one has a whole fairy world set up! Great papers and details!