Thursday, March 10, 2011

Vintage card for a friend

I didn't make the cut at G45, but the love affair with their paper continues.  I decided to make a Tri-fold Shutter card with their Curtain Call.  I love all the different patterns on it, especially the peacock feathers.



I used the Cricut cartridge Forever Young for the two women images on the end.  And, of course, they needed a little bling on their clothes!





The quote reads, "Allow yourself to Trust Joy and embrace it... You will find that You Dance with everything.  Emerson" and is from Quick Quotes.  Everything else is cut out of Curtain Call paper.  

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Lara and I went for a walk with a girlfriend of mine today.  We stopped by a park on our way back and she was in heaven.  So was I... I dressed her up in a new outfit she got from her great-grandma and I got some totally cute pictures to scrap :)   Her laugh is so contagious.  You can tell she was having so much fun.

Tomorrow, she and I have a field trip w/ her preschool to our local community college's Zoo. Hopefully I'll remember my camera this trip to the zoo!  Now, what to dress her in...  Did I mention it's in the 80s today?  I'm thinking a dress, IF she'll agree to it.

See ya tomorrow,

Denise


11 comments:

Glenda said...

Quite stunning card! Love those papers and the FY ladies! Lara is so adorable--great photo to scrap!!
Glenda

Stacy H-W said...

WOW that card turned out stunning!! Those G45 folks are idiots!!!
And OMG that picture of Lara is beautiful! Can't wait to see what you scrap with it.

Carolina said...

Gorgeous card! There's lots of green usually at zoos, so choose sth that goes well with that!!!! I can't choose clothes for Mia any longer, except for giving her the clothes I don't want her to wear and leaving the ones I prefer somewhere easy to reach! She usually goes for those!

Marlene said...

Lara is so adorable!!!!

Your card is fabby! Gotta love all those fancy folds. It's been a LONG time since I've done anything that elaborate.

Sabrina said...

Wow gorgeous card, Denise!! Love it!! And Lara is just so very cute!! Can't see her eyes when she smiled but that's a total cuteness!! Hehehehe!! Have fun at the zoo ;)

TeenaBugg38 said...

Let me say this.....if G45 passed you over I cannot WAIT to see the Dt;s work.....cuz this card is just flippin incredible!!! I LOVE IT!!! So funky!!! In a good way.....lol. Lucky you, 80 degree weather....sighhh.....we are supposed to get snow tonight. UGH!!!! Lara is so adorable...can't wait to see the new pix as you scrap em!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

G45 is missing out!

Great card, adorable photo she looks so happy!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love that pic of Lara. Adorable!

Love your stunning card too. :) Beautiful papers and an incredible design. :)

Betty Anne said...

Gorgeous card Denise, you got to love Graphics 45.
I love the picture of Lara, she looks like she is having so much fun.

CuddlyBunny said...

This style of card is one of my favorites because there's so much to look at, and you've definitely now designed one of my favorite versions!

The monotone quality and Forever Young cuts and beautiful G45 papers ... you're brilliant!

They're *crazy* to not choose you! :)

jacque4u2c said...

You are really rockin these cards!!! it looks great and I love vintage!