Saturday, March 26, 2011

Smile (A timed layout)

Stacy and I had such a good time and a good laugh (even through emails) over our last timed contest that we decided to do it again.  I pick the sketch this time from Sketchy Thursdays.  We had 45 minutes and had to distress, use a white marker, use chipboard, and a quote.  We decided that you could use ink and border punches if we wanted to.  It was so much fun!!!  It was the perfect amount of time.  You don't need a ton of time when you are limited to supplies.  I used all the time, but wasn't stressed at all.  I don't feel like I need to add anything after the fact either.  I did have to go through several quotes to find one that would fit and readhered my pics three times because I couldn't decide how I was going to do the paper.

Here's how my layout turned out:


Here's Stacy's:



The Sketch is this week's Sketchy Thursdays challenge, so have a try at it too :)  I am also entering it at Sketches in Thyme where the challenge is use any sketch.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Denise

18 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

Those are cutie pie kids! I love when they are toothless! They are just so cute!

Carolina said...

Sounds like fun! Great LOs, too!

Heather said...

Wow, two great layouts with one sketch! Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! xoxo

Kelly Massman said...

You both did a great job!

Dawnll said...

Oh what fun layouts you have done- such fun pictures.
Thank you for joining us this week at
sketches In Thyme
Hope you come back real soon.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These came out great! Fun way to get those pages done!

lisa said...

Great pages : )
Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays xx

Renkata said...

ohhh very fun and adorable layout.
I did use die cut from www.mariannedesign.nl
the stencils is LR0155.
Hope that will help you.

Staci said...

Both LOs are cute! Adorable photos!

Cindy Gay said...

Both layouts are very nice. I love the photo sequence in "smile".

jacque4u2c said...

Both of these are adorable as always - I just love your style of scrapping!

Tanya R said...

Love the trio of pictures! Thanks for playing with SIT this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Scrapamum said...

Love that idea of you both doing a layout together using the same sketch. I need to do that with my scrappy buddy.
Both layouts are gorgeous!!!

tiffany said...

fabulous! love that you and your friend challenged each other on this, sounds like a blast!! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

Joni Parker said...

Fun!! Thanks for playing with us at Sketches in Thyme!

Fern said...

Another wonderful layout!!! Super cute photos and I love the color!!! Thanks again for playing along with us over at Sketches In Thyme!! Hugs!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I soooooooo love love love both of these!! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Diana Fisher said...

Both pages are great! Love that you challenged each other like that!! :)