Friday, March 18, 2011

Silly Bandz

I decided to make a layout of Nicholas wearing all his silly bandz.  I bought him a huge package of 120 for next to nothing on Amazon.  (Okay, they are knockoffs)  "Because everyone is wearing them, Mom!"  You should have seen his face when he opened them all.  Hilarious.


I used BoBunny paper and stickers, and inked up, glimmer misted, and then Crackle painted grungeboard and chipboard stars.  I used my Irock to add some silver gems to the ribbon at the bottom.  They set in about a second right INTO the ribbon.  It was pretty cool.  The sketch is from Sketch Inspiration.


I am so thrilled it is Friday.  Nicholas got his report card today and he did great.  We are going to meet my mom & stepdad at Topper's tomorrow and let him go wild in the arcade.  Not too expensive because Lara doesn't seem to understand that she needs quarters to play the games :)  Lara had a great day today too.  She came home from preschool covered in white and blue paint.  Hair included.  She thought it was hilarious when I asked her about it.

Have a fun weekend everyone!  We are off to blow bubbles.

Denise

11 comments:

Carolina said...

Cool LO! Hope you enjoyed your bubbles.

CuddlyBunny said...

Every time I read about what your little ones are up to from paint-covered hair and good report cards to silly bandz and bubbles ... I smile knowing that your children are experiencing the most amazing and wonder-filled childhood possible!

Plus, of course, your beautifully-done scrap pages (like today's) that they'll have forever to remember each moment!

Have a fun weekend!

TeenaBugg38 said...

I know that silly band craze all too well! They were selling them at Walgreens yesterday 4 packs for a buck. I didn't get any YET but I think the Easter Bunny might be putting some in baskets this year :) I have a photo Of Brqandon wearing ALL of his too.....and a digi kit that I bought but still ahven';t gotten around to using for it. CUTE page!!! And I love the rock star in training !!!

madebyKarla said...

This is so cute. He'll have a beautiful page to remeber this fad when he gets older. I wish my mom scrapbooked when I was little, lol.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun lay-out! We have silly bandz, silly necklaces, silly rings.. what's next?? Can't something cool come back like bangle bracelets??

Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeous layout!! I got those same stickers to make a layout for Olivia. ha Congrats on the good grades. Olivia made a/b honor roll and got the Principals award! woo hoo Aren't we lucky parents?? Tell him he rocks!! ha

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

what a lovely LO you've made, i like it!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love those silly bandz. This is a beautiful layout. Love the paper that you used. :)

jacque4u2c said...

Awesome layout. A few months back I did a layout with KT and her sillybands. They can't wear them to school anymore - but she still has a great time with them.

Marlene said...

Love the layout! I'm glad those silly bandz weren't "big" when my kids were young...oh wait, never mind....I had stinkin' pokemon cards and "pogs" to deal with back in the day!

Emeraldvalkyrie said...

My son tried the silly bandz and just could care less. I had alomost hoped he would like them just so I could scrap about it. I love how your page turned out!