Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My first two gift boxes

When I started using The Ultimate Crafters Companion tool, I was amazed how quickly and perfectly my boxes came out. These are the first two boxes I created.   Both were made from an 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 square sheet of Pearlescent paper.  You can also use 12 x 12 paper, if you want to make larger boxes.  By changing the score line while making them, I was able to decide how large I wanted each box without having to measure anything.  The directions were very simple and easy to follow.



The first gift box I made I decide to use my Cute Companions Duo's Stamp set, Handmade with Love.  I began by adding designer paper to the sides of the lid.  I then wrapped ribbon around the lid, adhering the edges inside the box with adhesive.  After adding a few flowers, I colored my stamped card image and used pop dots to adhere it to the box.  







Handmade with love has so many adorable images, perfect for personalize a gift or card.  Isn't the mouse with the paintbrush adorable?

















The second box I made in five minute!  Having already made the first one, I quickly whipped throught making it and added a sheet of designer paper to the top of the lid.  I attached a quick Baby sentiment to it and I was done.  Perfect for adding a gift certificate to for a last minute gift.  I'm looking forward to trying out the Octogon and triangular boxes next.  

Have a great day!

Denise

10 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

I love those boxes!

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

lovely boxes

Carolina said...

Love these boxes, especially the baby box, it is totally cute. Will keep an eye for the other box-shapes coming!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love these adorable boxes. My fave is the one with the adorable giraffes. :)

Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeous boxes Denise!! I want that stamp set!! That mouse with a paintbrush is sooooooo adorable. And I could think of a million uses for the card stamp!!!
That baby box would be great for a sweet little outfit too.

Carla said...

wow way way cool on the boxes.

Betty Anne said...

Great job on the boxes Denise and the stamp set is just too cute.

Khristen said...

Yeah, now I'm DEFINITELY getting one of those tools! Love these boxes you've been posting, and really need the ability to make simple, quick boxes to match card sets for my shop. This will be just the tool for the job :)

Renkata said...

wow Lala :)
They are really gorgeous .
Love the decoration.

Tara said...

These are excellent! I saw this tool on the shopping channel a little while ago and was in awe!
Tara