Friday, March 25, 2011

A fun and crazy Contest between friends

Yesterday Stacy challenged me t make a layout in 30 minutes.  She told me what size pictures I need and gave me 4 items I could use on my page (nothing else) and sent me a sketch at exactly the time to begin.  Oh my gosh, you should have seen me cutting up paper and throwing embellishments around!  It was really crazy.  And fun.

I could use ribbon, embossing, eyelets, and vellum.  (She had her daughter pick them out of a hat containing all the embellishments).  She gave me this sketch by Liz Qualman:





Here is Stacy's.



Here is mine:



When all was said and done we decided that we would change the time to 45 minutes and allow for punches.  We decided that we are going to do it again tomorrow.  It is so much fun and you get a layout done really quickly!

I did change just a couple of things after the fact.  I added a couple of ribbons, free hand cut around the All Boy title, and inked up a chipboard man.


Okay I have a couple blog awards I need to post, but I've been crazy working on a supersecret project for Crafter's Companion.  More about that soon ;)

*  I noticed that Sketches in Thyme has an open sketch challenge so I am going to enter my layout there as well.

Have a scrap-filled weekend!

Denise

10 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

Those are both wonderful layouts! Great job ladies!

Kim said...

What a Super fun challenge!!! Both your LO'S turned out GREAT:)
~Kim

cebelica said...

SOunds like a fun challenge. :D You both did a great job with your layouts. :)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love both of your fun layouts. What a great challenge between friends. Running around like crazy today. Wish I could play. Please let us know when you do this again. Sounds like fun. :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, I don't think I can work under stress, LOL, but yours and stacy's are definitely wonderful!

Dawnll said...

Wow you have been so busy...love that you did so many fun layouts.
Thank you for joining us this week at
sketches In Thyme
So glad you shared with us.

jacque4u2c said...

SCORE!!! These ROCK!

Tanya R said...

Super fun layout Thanks for playing with SIT this week.
Hugs
Tanya

isay said...

awesome layout! sounds like a fun challenge. thanks for joining us this week at Sketches in Thyme.

Erin R said...

so fun!! love this!! thanks for playing at sketches in thyme!!