Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bunches of Love

My first official post at Crafter's Companion's blog is up!  It was nerve racking to write it,  I'll tell you.  Oh the pressure...lol.  I think it turned out well.  Here's my card for it.


It features Crafter's Companion Popcorn the Bear collection.  Crafter's Companion has so many stamp sets featuring Popcorn the Bear which you will see on our blog.  I thought their Bunches of Love Stamp Set would be perfect for an Easter card.  Isn't he so cute?






The card base is Crafter's Companion's Pearlescent paper.  You can see the wonderful shiny texture.  I colored Popcorn with watercolor pencils and then used a small paintbrush to apply water.  By doing that, it creates a painted look with softer lines.  I made the bows in the corner from the bow maker feature on my Ultimate Crafter's Companion tool.  The bows come out perfectly every time.  I also made my envelope with the Ultimate Crafter's Companion tool as well.  I made it 30 seconds!  And it was only the second time I had made one.  No more buying envelopes for :)  

Today I am hoping to get some crafting done and visit some blogs.  I have been dealing with a massive migraine and was pretty much out for the count the last couple of days.  Happily, it's just a dull roar now and I feel human again.  Hurray!

Enjoy your day,

Denise

10 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

That is such a cute card! I love the colors and the teddy!

Scrapamum said...

Gorgeous card!!!! I off to check out your post. I'm guessing you did awesome!!!

Kelly Massman said...

Well, it is adorable! Congrats on your first post!

Stacy H-W said...

SOOOOOOOOO pretty!! That little Popcorn is adorable. I really think that bow is lovely. Glad your headache is better.

Marlene said...

Lovely card! (Purple is my favorite color!)

JinkyK said...

awesome card + beautiful bow + great envelope = PERFECT ! LOVE it!

Sabrina said...

Beautiful purple card!! :) I adore the envelope :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So sweet!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Gorgeous lilac color. Love the ribbon :)

jacque4u2c said...

You rocked it! I love the envelope too!