Monday, January 31, 2011

Project 2011 - End of January accounting

I did not think this would be so hard the very first month I did this.  So many gorgeous new collections and toys coming out right before CHA.  Temptation everyone!!  What I got accomplished: I did unsubscribe from all the emails subscribtions to any stores online.  That really helped b/c I didn't have to see all the awesome sales.  I got 6 pages done from kits.  I used a ton of my paper stash, flowers and fibers.  I used up a lot of pearls on a paper wreath I have been working on.  The wreath was left over from Christmas.  And my Cricut has been used in most of my projects.  I love that I'm getting so much use out of my cartridges these days.  Now the confession:  I got two Cricut carts for $26.  It was soo cheap, and I needed them for the Flaunt it Fridays Designs.  Okay, okay, lame justification ;0  But for the first month I think that's not too bad.  I was able to withstand the desire to buy the Immortal Love paper from DCWV.  Barely, but I didn't buy it!

On to February, let's see how next month goes.  I'm hoping it's going to be easier as we go along!!  Here are all the links to the rest of the Project 2011 gals.  I hope you will all go around and see how the rest of us are doing and leave some encouragement or props, depending on their willpower, LOL.  I will post a separate February sign up, as Mr. Linky isn't working well with inlinkz.  Go figure.



1. Me-Ma Kim  9. Kelly Massman  17. Dorcas "Dee" Troche  
2. Vicki Wilson  10. Ramona - My Word For 2011  18. Christy S.  
3. Betty Anne  11. Michele   19. Debby@ScrapSoul  
4. ana  12. Debra B  20. Raven  
5. Deb  13. Liz (WhichCraft)  21.  Stacy
6. Shana  14. Teenabugg38  
  
7. Melissa  15. Sandy Ang  
8. Scrapping Nomad16.Karla  

8 comments:

Caro said...

I think you've done great! It's not about going "cold turkey", but making the most of what we already have!

Caro said...

And adding a few things to keep us motivated!

Betty Anne said...

Way to go Denise, I think you did a fabulous job on scrapping your stash. I know how much you love to buy new stuff so just getting a couple of cartridges was fantastic. Good luck in February.

Kelly Massman said...

I did it, but I have won some contests! Thanks! I'm heading off to look at everyone's stuff!

WhichCraft-Liz said...

you did great! we all have to start somewhere. I did it too! It was a little difficult with all the new stuff that came out.

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

Great job! we all have to start somewhere when we trying to use out stash. It is hard when there is so many new things are coming out. :) looking forward to Feb report.

TeenaBugg38 said...

Well, I totally blew it. I admit it...I need help!! I did do LOTS better about scrapping from my stash but I still went out and indulged in retail therapy.....lol. CHA has me in a tizzy I want one of everything and the discount bins at Big Lots and Hobby Lobby are calling my name even as i type this. However I didn't get any new photos printed last month.......LOL. Yay me :)

Alma Carter : Emsige Biene said...

This 'Scrap your Stash', sounds just great! I will add this blog to my sidebar and become a follower right after this post. I'm actually a newbie to all these sketches and blog posts, so I still have to find my way AND my feet :-)

Please let me know where and when to find the sketches and relevant information.