Wednesday, January 26, 2011

For a Sunny day

I have been doing lots of papercrafting lately, but for Nicholas' class, so I didn't have anything to post earlier this week.  And I bought all the Twilight books on my Kindle so I could reread them.  I just love those books and movies.  It's embarrassing, I know.  Though last night Chris used the word fangbanger to describe Bella when I made him sit through New Moon again.  So now who's silly?!  Ha! (The word comes from HBOs Trueblood which we both watch.)  Today though I finally made something I could share :)

I love the idea of saving for a rainy day.  But I hate rainy days.  I just want to be inside with the fireplace.  And then there is the fact that we just don't have very many of them in Southern Califoria.  (It's been hot all week).  So I decided to make a tin for a Sunny day :)  I had the perfect paper and stickers for it too.  Sunny Happy Skies from Bella Blvd.  I love the bright colors in it.  for the can, I used a coffee container and punch a hole in the lid.  Easy Peasy.



I always throw all my change into my junk drawer where most things are never seen again.  So after pulling all of it out it is already pretty heavy.   I think it would be fun to save for overnight or day trips to amusement parks.  There is always something fun to do around here.

The kids LOVED the zoo.  The lions and gorillas were the big hits.  Lara thought it was so funny to watch the male lion bath the female lion.  She is already asking to go again.  I brought a camera but then left it in the car.  Whoops.  My mil promised to send me a few of hers though.  (Thanks Pam!)

Hope everyone is having a great week.  I am going to try to get to some blogs tonight and say hello.  Also, don't forget that there is a blog hop Saturday starting at Inking it up Crazy with Kassidy.  I'll have some blog candy for it, of course :)

Denise

5 comments:

Marlene said...

Sweet can!

I'd rather a rainy day than the stinkin' blizzard we've got goin' on outside right now! Wanna trade? Thought not.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

I love Twilight too. Have not read the books yet but love the movies. Eclipse is my fave.

Your Sunny Day can is adorable. :)

Sharon said...

What a great sunny day can! I love the Twilight series also! Have all the books and have read them more than once!! :)

Jessica said...

Love True Blood! The whole reason we finally ordered HBO. Soooo sad. Thanks so much for your prayers for my niece. I pray everything goes well. Super cute change holder. I wonder if you received all the loose change in the world how much it would total. That's how my wierd mind reads. :)

~Patty~ said...

such a cute can. I love that stuff. :)