Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree & an awesome G45 designer

I keep seeing all these darling Christmas trees made with scrapbook paper and really wanted to make one.  When I saw PKGlitz's tutoria, I thought that is perfect.  No styrofoam tree needed.  (Though Lara and I did get a couple along with a few other things at Michael's today to which she said, "Thank you for shopping, mom.  That was fun").






I used MME Christmas Glitter pack that my girlfriend Stacy gave me at CKC. (Thanks girl!)   I just love blue and and browns.  Then I put pearls and jewels all over the branches and stickles along the edges.  The last thing I did was to paint Mod Podge Glitter Glue all over it.  This was the first time I used it.  I LOVE it.  It's perfect for a project like this.  It added tons of glitter but died clear.  It also added a little texture.  Finally it will help hold the jewels, as well as stiffening up the tree so that it will last year after year.

I'm entering it into the following challenges
Simon Says Stamps Challenge - Christmas but no red or green
ABC Toys and Craft challenge - nontraditional colors
ABC Challenge Blog - use jewels or gems

I also wanted to show you a card I got from Gloria.  She is one of my all time favorite designers.  Seriously.  Seriously.  She designs for Graphic 45 and her cards, layout, home decor, you name it, it rocks!!!  You definitely want to check out her blog and see what I mean.  She is also really sweet.   She made me feel so much better yesterday when she confesed to not having bought one present yet.  So glad I'm not the only one, LOL.



Here's a few links that show you how to make a paper tree.  I know I want to try a couple more!

PKGlitz  - PKGlitz's tree I made
 Helmar's Design team - Helmar has 2 video tutorials here
Scrapbook Etc - Scrapbook Etc's tree


Hope you gals try one too.  They are really a lot of fun to make.

Denise

19 comments:

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Your tree is FAB. Love that MME paper. :) :)

Stacy said...

You're welcome!! It is gorgeous!! You really made it look so beautiful!. You will be able to put it out year after year.
Congrats to you for training Lara to love shopping as much as you do!! LOL

Kelly Massman said...

Love the tree--that paper is really pretty! :-)

Cindy Gay said...

This is very cool.

Marlene said...

That tree is FANTABULOUS....and your card from Gloria is super cool!

Scrapamum said...

Denise, that tree is absolutely awesome!!!!!! I love it!

Theresa said...

Gorgeous..thanks for sharing..I may have to make a few of these:)

~ Grace ~ said...

OH I love this tree!!! I love the colors and the glitter and the Modge Podge is perfect for making it all last from year to year. Great Idea and beautiful work. Thanks so much for linking my tutorial for P K Glitz also!

Casey Wright said...

What a COOL project - I love this :)

Tammy@ Not Just Paper and Glue said...

Your tree looks fabulous! You really did an awesome job using our tutorial. Glad you liked it :)

Betty Anne said...

The tree is corgeous Denise and thanks for the link for the turorial.

Betty Anne said...

oops I meant gorgeous

Rachelle said...

So pretty! I love all the detail and that paper is too cute. Thanks for sharing your talents!

CraftyGirl said...

Oh My Word!! This is fabulous!! Your papers and gems are just the perfect combination!! Thanks for sharing the links... this is something I could make with my 8 year old!!
Barb :)

Jen said...

Awesome job!!! TFS
hugs,jen
jennyscards.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

Such a beautiful tree! Love the colors and glitter!!

Court said...

THIS IS SO PRETTY!!! I might scraplift this! :) Thanks so much for leaving me such a nice note at Echo Park Paper's Blog! It is SO appreciated and I am so honored to be a part of their 12 days of Christmas celebration!

Heidi said...

Gorgeous Tree! I love the snow!Thanks for joining the ABC Jewel Challenge.

ABC Toys and Crafts said...

Love this tree, very unique. Thanks for joining the ABC DT Challenge at ABC Toys and Crafts.

~Julie