Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Making Christmas ornaments

Hey gals,

What a long week it's been!  Lara and Nick came down with a cold and Nicholas has been on breathing treatments for the last few days.  Today I woke up with a miserable sore throat and a migraine.   I also have been visiting a friend in the hospital.  She had surgery yesterday and I am hoping she'll be able to go home soon.   I did manage to make a couple of ornaments and another Christmas tree.  The paper I used for the tree is from SEI.  These are great projects to do while you're sitting watching cartoons.




The link for this Christmas tree is 

The kids loved making their ornaments.  Lara was loving the glitter.   Nicholas was more into the foam stickers.



Here is our paper chain for Christmas.  Nicholas liked it so much, he refused to cut any off this year.  He's such a character.


So the kids are really getting into Christmas.  Lara has taken to asking for toy that she sees on the TV for Christmas.  She's learned this from Nick.  One commercial came on showing a kid online computer game.  She tells me, "I want that, mommy, for Christmas.".  I looked at her and asked her, "Do you know what that is?"  She looks me in the eye and says, "No."  I totally cracked up.

Have a great day,

Denise

13 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

What fun! Love that tree especially! CHeck out Imaginisce blog if you haven't already! :-)

CraftyGirl said...

You are having all kinds of Christmas fun at your house!! Sorry to hear you are a little under the weather, take care of yourself!
Barb :)

Caro said...

My daughter had never seen commercials before, she has just discovered them and considers them her shopping list! I laughed when I read your comment, as we've been having the same kind of reply: "I don't know what it is but can I have it?"

Angi @ CokiePop said...

I feel your pain. I had the worst migraine this weekend. And now Rachel has a sore throat. It's not my week. :(
I wanted to pop over and see your new creations. Love that tree and the decor. I need to try making a tree when I feel better. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Stacy said...

Love all the Christmas stuff you are doing. That tree is adorable and I love that the kids made ornaments. How cool is that??!!
Hope you feel better soon and that your friend gets out of the hospital soon.
I have 2 kids already down with my pink eye and one is running a temp and congested...Meemaw is taking them to the doctor tomorrow (except for Jesse, I will share my eye drops with him and take him in OK)
Bye...

Margarets designer cards said...

The tree is brilliant, and the kids look as if they are having fun, you look ready for christmas.
Have a nice day
Margaret

Marlene said...

Hope you all feel better soon! Love your ornaments!

sei art studio said...

Thanks for sharing your tree! That layering is amazing. We'd love to have you link up at our next link party. It's scheduled for the last couple days of this month.

anazelia said...

those are all great. you are rocking it girl.

Aubree said...

Great projects! I especially love your SEI tree! We too made x-mas bulbs with the kids -- so much fun (and easy!).

Carolyn King said...

what awesome projects....great ideas to make with the kids!

Thanks for your sweet comment on the Echo Paper blog today. Made my day!

Cheryl said...

Sorry to hear you are under the weather. I hope you all are feeling better soon.

These are all wonderful projects. I love these trees.

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. :)

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Rachel said...

You may try Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa (ninjiom-hk.cwahi.net). i know alot of people use it, its also non alcoholic, though it's effectiveness is not as good as alcohol based cough medicine, but it's still good to use on not so serious scratchy throat.