Sunday, December 19, 2010

Life

Hey gals,

I am feeling better.  I slept 15 hours yesterday!  How can you not feeling better after that?  I needed to do a page for my mom-in-law for Christmas.  She loves handmade gifts.  I had the picture I wanted to use and when I saw Sketches in Thyme's new sketch, I knew that was the one I'd use.  


The paper is all Basic Grey w/ the exception of the bazzill paper I used as the base.  I went crazy with the Prima Flowers :))  I used Helmars V2 for the vellum quote.  I love that stuff!  You can't see any glue.  I used Helmar's 450 for the flowers.  It is quick drying and they will never move.  That was important to me as this will be hung on the wall most likely.  The picture was taken at her house..  They adore her.  Nick and Lara are always asking when they can go see Nana.  It's really awesome.  What do you think?  Think she'll like it?

I am also entering my layout in Allsorts Challenge blog, where the challenge is anything goes.

Here is the original sketch:


Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  Any last minute shopping?  

Denise

15 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Great job with the sketch and your Mother in Law will love it.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Beautiful layout. Love all of the flowers. So glad you are feeling better. I need sleep myself. 15 hours sounds good right about now :) :)

Wishing you and your family a Very Merry Christmas! :)

CraftyGirl said...

Wow Denise! YOu did a great job with this sketch.. the layout is gorgeous!! What a sweet photo of the kids with their grandma! The layers of flowers look amazing!
barb :)

Kelly Massman said...

Glad you are feeling better, and I'm sure your MIL will LOVE this!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Glad you feeling better Denise! This layout is just pretty, love those blooms and the color is gorgeous!

Dawn said...

This is so beautiful! Love al the flowers, can't go wrong with them.Thanks for joining us this week at Sketches In Thyme.

li-bee-ti said...

I'm sure your mil will adore it! This lo is so beautiful.
I love the warm colors and the dp.
Your take on the sketch is wonderful.
Thanks you for playing with us at Sketches In Thyme and we hope to see you on our next challenge.

brenda said...

Hi there

I am thrilled you have joined in my "Free and Easy" theme at Allsorts this fortnight and confess to being astounded by the huge response this weekend.

I usually like to visit every entry and say a few words about their creations, but the sheer volume so far along with the Christmas preparations we all have to juggle means this is a "copied and pasted" message, for which I apologise.

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and wonderful holiday time.

B x

Joni Parker said...

Love the richness of this !!! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!!

Fern said...

What's not to love about this beautiful layout... Great colors, beautiful flowers and the photo is just precious!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketches In Thyme!! Hugs!!

tiffany said...

what a great layout! Love your color scheme and all those layers of flowers are beautiful. Thanks for taking part in our challenge at Sketches in Thyme!

lizaveta said...

What a sweet LO! I love this color combo and this flower! Thanks for joining with us at Sketches In Thyme!

Mummylade said...

What a wonderful creation! Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge and have a lovely Christmas.

madebyKarla said...

This is just beautiful! I hope you used stuff in your stash for this ;) I'm having the hardest time not shopping for new stuff, lol.

isay said...

beautiful LO! i love your take on the sketch. i love the rich colors and the flowers you used.

hugs,
isay :D