Saturday, November 20, 2010

Santa's house

I am thrilled to show you what I've been working on the past few days.  It's Santa's House!!!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas decorations so when I saw this chipboard house I immediately thought of making Santa's house.


See Santa waving?

I started with a precut house from Doodlebug.  


First, I followed the directions to glue the house together.  It called for a hot glue gun for assembly, but since I did not have one, I used Beacon's 3-in-1.  It worked fabulously.   I then covered the house with BoBunny's Noel line.  I love the traditional colors and images in it.  I wanted to add a lot of glitter to the house, so before covering the roof with paper, I spray the paper with 3M Spray Mount (which I got at Michael's) and then sprinkled ultra fine red gitter all over it.  I highly recommend this spray.  It really held all the glitter beautifully.  There were absolutely no splotchiness or spots without glitter.  For the roof decoration, I took a piece of yellow ribbon, sprayed it with the 3M adhesive, and covered it in ultra fine gold glitter.  I used red and green stickles to glitter up the window frames, door, Santa's hat and mitten, and the letters JOY in the banner.

The Reindeer, Santa and Joy banner were cut from the Christmas Cheer Cricut cartridge.  The reindeer is also a movable piece.  To do this I used a "Wobble".  (http://www.facebook.com/actionwobbles) Wobbles are two adhesive pieces which are attached together with a small spring.  I cut the wobble down to the size I wanted so it would not show.






This was the first house I have ever decorated and I had so much fun with it!  I highly recommend finding a cool house you like and decorating it with your favorite Christmas paper and colors.  It will make a wonderful keepsake for years to come.  You could even do one a year until you have a little village :)  Why not buy some Halloween webs when Halloween is over and it is cheap.  It looks great as snow.

I am entering Santa's house in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp challenge blog - sparkle
Simon says Stamp and Show challenge blog - Whatever makes you happy
Tuesday Taggers challenge blog - Use the words Peace, Love or Joy
Oldie but a Goodie challenge blog - Glitter
Lexi's Creations challenge blog - Traditional Christmas colors
ABC challenge blog - H is for Holiday
ABC Christmas Challenge blog - X is for Christmas
Winter Wonderland Challenge blog - Make a decoration
Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge blog - Create anything for Christmas but not a card
Cooking it up with Katie challenge blog - Use a punch (border punch edge on chimney), add a little gold (roof edge decoration), make it for your family (my daughter keeps saying to me - "I love my house" :)
4 Crafty Chicks challenge blog - anything but a card
Stamps R Us Challenge blog - Sparkles (Got that covered!) and Scallops (chimney trim)
Melgen's Designs Challenge blog - Christmas
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge - Christmas theme

39 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

This is too cute Denise! You might wonder why I am up at 1:00 a.m. My husband is working--I hate sleeping without him, but I'm going to bed now!
:-)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That's a wonderful christmas house, thanks for sharing!

Agnieszka/Mirabeel said...

Beautiful work!

Zoechaos said...

Brillient project so much detail and a real sense of Christmas fun that smug little raindeer flying off just love it. Thank you for sharing with us at Tuesday Taggers xx Zoe

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

What a great Christmas project! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Angela said...

What a fabulous Christmas house! I love your papers and all the sweet extra details. Santa waving in the window is a such a fun added touch!

Thanks for visiting my blog and inviting me to visit yours! big hugs, Angela

Dan said...

What a cute Christmas house! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Jackie said...

This is SOOO cute, love the reindeer! You should post a link to this on paperissues.blogspot.com after Thanksgiving, we're having a Christmas challenge so remember to stop by after Thursday and link up! :)

Shoebox Memories D'Luxe said...

I love it. Thats such a cute house!!I can't wait to finish my Christmas project, I just got extra excited after seeing yours.

Tanya R said...

This is super fantastic! WOW!
Hugs
Tanya

Stacy said...

I LOVE this house! You outdid yourself!! IT ROCKS! I want it...make another one for me!

Ildiko said...

OMW, WOW it is stuning. Thanks playing along with TT this week
hugs
Ildiko

Marlene said...

What a fun house! I made one a couple years back, but it was more a pirate-ish theme. Love your Christmas theme!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Oh wow Denise....what a fun project. Love how you decorated it. Soooo perfect for Christmas:)

Samantha said...

Awesome job! really like this one! sooo cute! and so different too! Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge, Samantha :0)

Laura said...

WOW! What gorgeous piece of art work.I love it.Thanks for sharing it with us at stamps r us.

Scrapamum said...

This is sooooo cute!!!! You are going to win every single challenge!!!

Denise said...

Thank you Andrea :))) You are so sweet!!

Tamie said...

Wow, Wow, Wow, this really rocks! I love all of the little details! What a wonderful idea this is a really fabby creation. Thanks so much for sharing your amazing inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Clarky J said...

This is wonderful! Thanks for joining my challenge at Tuesday Taggers x Janet

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

How fantastic, just love all the details.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo x

Tammy said...

Om Gosh this is adorable! I love Santa's house!!
Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
Tammy x

anazelia said...

oh my goodness Denise that is awesome.

downrightcrafty said...

wow what a fabulous creation, thank you for sharing it with us this week at Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

Anne said...

What a fabulous piece of art, love it. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Cooking It Up With Katie. Hugs x

Patti aka NW Lady said...

Love your Santa house, how adorable!

Theresa said...

I love absolutely everything about your Christmas house..great job! Good luck on your entries :)

cinmfoster said...

Love you house and thanks for the tip about the wobbles.

Katie said...

Fabulous project!
Thanks so much for Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

Lori said...

What a cute Santa house! Thanks for joining us and our "Anything but a Card" challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks! :)

Debbie said...

Love your house!!

liza said...

fabulous creation,thankyou for joining us this week at Oldie But A Goodie
love n hugs
liza
xox

Sandy Ang said...

Just incredible !!

Gretchen said...

this is soooo cute!!

Annie said...

what a fabulous creation and thank you for joining in on the ABC Christmas blog challenge with it. Unfortunately, for the Oldie but a Goodie blog we need you to have used a stamped image at least 6 months old to be entered.
hugs, annie x

Cassie said...

Thanks for sharing your awesome house with us at Paper Issues!
We featured you today!!!
=)

kim c said...

spotted you at Paper Issues. super cute project.

joeygirl86 said...

WHat an adorable lil house!! I love the reindeer! ;)

Melissa said...

This is so cute!!

Melissa
http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/