Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Graphic 45 Advent Calendar

Hey gals,


I've been crafting like a maniac to get my Graphic 45 Advent Calendar finished.  The canvas measures 24 inches x 24 inchs!  All of the paper I used was from their Christmas Past line.

The large piece of canvas was bought at QVC about two years ago.  I'm so glad I waited to use it.  I chalked up the canvas with reds, yellows, and browns.  Then I painted it with Pearl Red Luminarte spray which is like Glimmer mist.  Then I added 4 large Graphic papers next to each other in the center.  I believe they are 11 inches each.  Then I sprayed all the papers and canvas with Gold Glimmer Mist.

To make the background, I fussy cut 3 or 4 papers and applied all over the canvas.  I also used a page of their large diecuts.


The boxes were made out of Graphic 45's paper as well.  I found a great site for oragami boxes at http://www.craftideas.info/html/small_origami_boxes.html,  It was very easy to make them though time consuming.  I used Modge Podge where the pieces met to make sure they would stay in place.

I also adhered some small pictures that were cut out on the boxes and then attached the numbers.  The numbers themselves were also made with Graphic 45 paper too.  I cut them all with my Expression.


Finally to finish it off I adheared two bows at the top, some gold beads around the edges, and a few flowers that I bought at Michaels that I sprayed with Santa Baby Glimmer Mist.





I am going to fill the boxes up with both candy and little notes of something we'll do that day, like make Christmas cookies, make Christmas ornaments, or visit Santa.  That sort of thing.

Here are the challenges I am entering my advent calendar in.

Tuesday Throwdown challenge - Embellish it
Woodware USA Clear Stamps challenge - Anything goes
CES Challenges - Vintage Christmas
Tuesday Taggers challenge blog - Jolly Old St. Nick

Thanks for looking :)

Denise

17 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I have some of that paper--guess I'm hoarding it--I haven't made anything out of it yet... Cute pic of your son!

Marlene said...

Wowza, that is COOL STUFF!

CraftyGirl said...

Wow! This looks like a lot of work, but so worth it! This is gorgeous!!
Barb :)

Stacy said...

OMG- It's gorgeous!! You really outdid yourself.

Cindy Gay said...

Time to start opening that beautiful hand crafted calendar! Please check my blog. I am passing on a blog award to you! Cindy

Caro said...

Wow! Just perfect! I totally forgot about advent calendars until yesterday, and had to run to the only store selling them today, I wish I'd made one as gorgeous as yours!

Rachel Hope said...

What a wonderful project! Thanks for playing along with the Woodware USA Anything Goes Challenge!

Vicky said...

Gorgeous advent calender love it & fab idea of the little notes.
Thank you for joining us at CES Challenges this week, hope to see you again, good luck.

Hugs Vicky xx

Anne said...

Wow, what a fantastic project! I love the Graphic 45 DP, I'm still using mine, this is awesome!! Thanks for joining the WWUSA challenge this week!

CraftyC said...

A beautiful collage Denise. Thanks for joining us this week at the CES Challenge!
Clairexx

isu.alum said...

What a fun advent calendar! I love Graphic 45 papers and seeing your advent calendar makes me want one too!

Kerry

PatR said...

Fantastic creation and thanks for playing along with TT this week. xx

lauren said...

HOLY MOLY that was A LOT of work, but wow♥WOW♥wow what a fabulous project...and i'm sure your whole family will love this EVERY year! well done, you!!! ♥

Sandy Ang said...

Must have been so much work piecing all those G45 images on your calendar ! Hope you'll play along with my Jan challenge which is G45 inspired.

Cassie said...

Look at all that Graphic 45 goodness!!!!
What a fantastic project!!
Totally amazing!
Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Paper Issues!!
=)

Clarky J said...

Beautiful! A Fabulous idea for those papers!Thanks for joining us at TT this week Janet x

Lauren said...

Adorable! Love the vintage look! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope to see you again next week!

Lauren