Wednesday, November 17, 2010

2 page layout and a cool glimmer mist idea

I've just about got everything put away from CKC and my home all cleaned up.  Yay!   One of the layouts I made there was this 2 page spread by Creating Keepsakes.  I've noticed that their sketches tend to be simplistic.  I loved the reminder to use your old brads on flowers of your pattern paper.  I've also used the last of Lara's birthday pictures on it.



So here's a really cool idea we got from Tattered Angels.  Lay down some lace on a piece of paper and then spray it with glimmer mist.  



How cool is that?!  I need to get a huge piece of lace so I can do it to an entire 12x12 page.  Then you can wash the lace and reuse it.  That is maybe my favorite tip in the class.  

This morning Nicholas was running a little behind as I was urging him to get his sweatshirt and shoes on.  His reply was, "You can't hurry a guy along, mom."   I had to laugh at that one.  'Course I did it all the same :)

See ya later,

Denise

9 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very fun layout, and congrats on your achievement!

Kelly Massman said...

I can see why you have so much glimmer mist! That is a lot of fun! Love your layout! Glad you had fun!

Marlene said...

Cool technique! Thanks for sharing!

CraftyGirl said...

Denise.. this is such a great idea!! I am glad you could bring your lessons back to all of us!!
Barb :)

Scrapamum said...

Fabulous page Denise!!!! and thanks for sharing your little glimmer tip! you know how I love my glimmer mists : )
Thanks for voting too!!!

Debbi said...

Great layout! I love the ideas you shared--brads and shimmer--terrific!
*smiles*
debbi

cinmfoster said...

Great layout and I love the idea with the lace. I left you somehting on my blog if you are interested..http://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com/2010/11/attitude-blog-award.html

Debbie said...

Great two pager! Love the bright colors! Thanks for sharing the technique using the lace and glimmer mist! Need to give it a try!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love this idea. TFS. Beautiful 2 pager. I need to try to do a 2 pager soon! :)