Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Whoever wins the race gets to marry Lauren

Apparently Nicholas has a huge race ahead of him on Friday.  As I was putting him to bed, he told me that both he and another boy at school wanted to marry the same girl.  So, to be fair, they are going to race for her on Friday.  Whoever wins, get to marry her.  LOL!!!  How do they come up with this stuff.  Man is he serious about it though.  He's even giving up some of his recess time to practice running faster!  Hilarious!  Wonder what the little girl is saying about it.

Alright, here's my scrapbook page today.  I made it for a DT sketch at Sketches4you.  Every month Fia gives us a sketch for us all to work with.   The paper is from Quick Quotes and the flowers are from Prima.  I just love the colors and flourishes on it.  This paper would have looked really cool on my clock.  Btw, I put a battery in it and it works!  Yay :)


I am also entering my LO for the following challenge.

ABC Challenge - Flowers


Hope everyone is having a marvelous Wednesday.  Lara has caught Nick and I's cold so I kept her home from school today.  Nothing major though.  I found an awesome bookshelf to put in my scrap room closet at Ikea today.  Since we don't have on around here, my dad is going to pick it up for me and bring it up.  He asked me if there was any more room to put it in my scrap room.  Noooooo!!!!  That's why I need it for the closet.  I need more space to put my stuff :)  I could use some more shelves too...

15 comments:

Scrapamum said...

What a fabulous LO! I love the colors you used!

Christina said...

Great LO! Kids say and do the cutest things.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

LOL That is so cute about the race. Gotta love the kiddos. Love the beautiful flowers and colors on your LO.

madebyKarla said...

LOL, your little boy is so mature. Sometimes kids really surprise you with the way they think and the things they say. I really like your layout, the colors are great together and those flowers!!! love the glitter letters too!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

pretty colors. kids say the darndest things. lol

Debbie said...

Beautiful layout Denise! The color combo is beautiful! Gotta love the wisdom that comes from a child's mouth! So so cute! You will have to let us know who won the race.

anazelia said...

LOL about the race. I wonder if they asked the girl her opinion. And lovely page too.

Cindy Gay said...

I have that paper and love the blue and burgundys. You did a great job with choice of embellishments.

Marlene said...

Fabulous layout! The colors and elements are so gorgeous.

Too funny about your son. Lauren must be a real cutie pie!

Bonnie said...

Great LO. The colors and embellies are fabulous. Lara smiles with everything she has, I just love it!
I hope Nicholas wins his race, please let us know.

Tanya R said...

This is stunning. Love the sparkly turquoise "Joy" title.

Hugs
Tanya

Sue C said...

Lovely layout, the backgroun paper is yummy ! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge. Sue C x

Heidi said...

Cute story about the race! Lovely LO. Thanks for playing the ABC F is for Flowers challenge

Chelsea said...

Such a cute story about Nicholas! Kids say the cutest things. Beautiful layout, loving the color combo.
Love,
Chelsea

Cardmaking Galore said...

Great layout and that pic is adorable