Monday, October 11, 2010

Love this new Halloween card

I got totally wrapped up in making this card.  Talk about being in the zone.  I received some Rusty Pickle paper from my girlfriend Stacy and it just screamed Halloween at me.  The ribbon is very sparky and beautiful so I cut some of it in half and adhered to the back of the patterned paper (before attaching it to the 5x7 card) so that it created this lovely ruffled edge around the card.  Frankenstein's bride was cut from my Cricut, and I added stickles and distressed stickles to her hair and the oval border.  Finally, the charm is a Tim Holtz fragment tag, which I attached to paper I stamped with "Oct 31".






The challenge I made this card for are:

My Partner in Crafting Crime - Glitter and Shine
Studio L3- Fragment Charms
Simon Says Stamp - Halloween Card
Fussy and Fancy Challenge - Halloween
Cupcake craft challenges - Scary Creatures

Have a great one, Denise

13 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

What a fun card!

Deanna Cosgrove said...

Very cool Denise! That ribbon really adds so much wonderful dimension.

CraftyGirl said...

Great card!! Those papers are absolutely perfect!!
Barb :)

Colleen { HappyLittleArt } said...

Love this card!! Too fun!!!

Larisa said...

So funny image)) Love the paper a lot! ))

debby4000 said...

Fabulous Halloween card.
luv
Debby

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Denise ,, i love this image ,,, and the papers and ribbon are fab :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp and Sketch and Stash Challenges :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Stacy said...

Wow, this is really great Denise!! I love how you did the ribbon and that fragment is so awesome!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Denise, what a fantastic card. I love your "scary creature". Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Tineke's hobby said...

this card is gorgeous i like the ribbons and the image is great Thanks for joining us at fussy and fancy
Tineke

Cortney Lyon said...

That is so cute. I love anything halloween related and it's a bonus that it has the Bride of Frankenstien on it too! So creative.

Cathy said...

Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this time.
Cathy xx

Jill said...

gorgeous halloween card very spooky great image thanks for joining us at sketch n stash hugs Jill xx