Saturday, October 9, 2010

I'm a Guest DT over at Scrap our Stash!

I was so excited to be one of the winner's of Scrap Our Stash's September challenge.  Each month, they pick a winner(s) from all the pages that are submitted throughout the month who are invited to be a guest designer the following month.  I love the idea of using of my stash.  I certainly have lots of it to get too :)))


Their main challenge this month is to do THAT Project! You know the one I mean - the one you've been putting off. Your challenge is: to do a project you've been procrastinating about it may be a particular layout, cleaning up your scrap area; finishing all those started project - anything goes - and you are encouraged to Scrap Your STASH!


They also have a Pagerize This challenge a couple times a month where you take something from a layout you like and create your own spin on it.


Here's what I wrote on their blog today:





When I saw Joni's page on the Pagerize This Challenge, I couldn't wait to get started. I just loved the layout of her page. I had so much fun pulling out ALL kinds of stash to use on my layout. I used a mask and glimmer mist in the top left corner. I used many different inks on my tag and pulled out an old background stamp to decorate it. I've had the vellum quote for over a year so I was happy to pull it out and use it on the tag as well. I wrapped it around the tag and attached it on the back, so no adhesive would show.
I used something else on my layout that I haven't used in AGES. Chalks! The butterfly at the top of the page was originally white, so I chalked it up and used my IRock to adhere a couple of gems to it. I also chalked up the Tattered Angels letters SWEET which were originally cream color.
 Finally I added a little sparkle (because I alway have to have some kind of sparkle on my pages) and added some copper Stickles to the Basic Grey paper and prima flowers.


If you get a chance, run by there and check out the challenges here.


I also made my layout for the following challenges.


Studio L3 - wrinkle free distressing (my tag)
Basic Grey Challenges - Basic grey paper and sparkles
Ellephantastic Challenges - Anything Goes

6 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Very sweet layout.

Kelly Massman said...

Great layout! so pretty!

TeenaBugg38 said...

Congrats on your GDT gig! I adore this even tho it's very pink....lol.

Linda Ledbetter said...

What an awesome layout, Denise! "Sweet" is absolutely the right adjective, and the soft colors and lovely flowers make it even sweeter. What a DARLING baby!

Your wrinkle-free distress tag is a beautiful compliment to the page, and the stamped vellum makes a perfect embellishment. This is truly gorgeous!

Congratulations on your much-deserved honor at Scrap Your Stash!!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Awwww what a beautiful page. Love the tag. Going to check it out now:)

Scrapamum said...

Yay!!!! So happy you made guest DT! Love what you created and thank you for reminding me about chalks!!!!
Thanks for all the love and support for my scrapbooking issues ; ) xoxox