Thursday, October 21, 2010

I {heart] papers Birthday Bash card sketch

Hey all,

Between both my kids being sick w/ a cold and Nicholas having minimum day every day this week, it's been tough getting any scrapbooking done.  But I managed to make this card today for I {heart} paper's birthday bash.  They are celebrating in style and giving away all sorts of awesome prizes.  You'll want to check them out now as today is the last day to submit your cards.  You can find them here.  Yesterday's sketch was a darling card sketch.  Here is my take on it.


I used smooth spray to make the flowers on the black yardstick and I also sprayed the ribbon to make it yellow/gold.  Here is their sketch.



Have a great night!

Denise

9 comments:

A Christy Production said...

OOh I love it! It's like a paper version of a yoyo. Nice work girly!

Sabrina said...

Denise, awesome take on the sketch! Very classy and pretty!!! Love it so much!!

Hope your kids will get well soon!!

xoxo,
Sabrina

Stacy said...

I really like the colors you used on this card. They look very elegant! Beautiful card!!

Gretchen said...

LOVE that accordian element behind your image! Very nice card!

CraftyGirl said...

This is such a fabulous card!! I love the border punch and lace!! Too pretty!
barb :)

Marlene said...

What a pretty card! I hope your kids are feeling better. I've been struck down with a nasty humdinger of a cold myself this week. BLECCCH.

Scrapamum said...

That card is gorgeous!!!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful card, I really like it and think I will CASE it! Bwaaaahhhaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
Hope the kiddos are feeling better.

Noomiy said...

gorgeous card! Love this sketch too... You inspired me! I've done a card, using this sketch! :)