Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fall Harvest, a Sassy 'Lil Sketch, and bullies

Hey gals,

I'm still here, barely.  Just kidding.  This morning Lara and I went to both my doctor's office and hers.  We both have sinus infections and she has an ear infection as well.  That explains the low grade fever.  Sheesh, we've been sick for like what 2 weeks now?  At least we have some antibiotics and cough medicine :)

It's been a tough week and I'm ready for the weekend.  Nicholas had an incident as school where a girl in his class told him, "Bring me a dollar tomorrow, or I'll kill you.  And I'm a black belt."  There is a book fair going on and she wanted money to spend there.  He came home crying and finallly told me about it.  Nick was so traumitized he cried when he went to sleep talking about have to go back to school.  I let him sleep with me.  In the morning he came up with all kinds of ailments and told me he was scared to go to school.  Poor baby!!!  And this is 2nd grade!  The whole thing blew my mind.

Anyway, I talked to his teacher and she said she would talk to the girl.  They take these things very seriously and the principal interviewed the kids separately.  Turns out there were two other girls there watching.  The girl was remorseful and got punished at home and at school.  Not sure what it was, but I did say to the principle that given the age of the children that she shouldn't come down too hard on her.  After all she is only 9. So I think she probably lost some recess.  She wrote Nick an apology as well.  After showing me it when Nick got home, he said he forgave her right away and they are friends.  I was so proud of him!

Okay on to scrapbooking, this is a page I had done a while back and hated.  So I fixed it up and here is.  It is two years old.  It was taken at Nicholas' Fall Carnival.  The tiger is their mascot.


Here is the new Sassy sketch:


Pretty fabulous, isn't it?  If you decide to use it, enter it over at Sassy 'Lil Sketches for a chance to win a prize :)

Well, that's it from me except to apologize for not stopping by your blogs recently.  I just haven't had ANY energy.   Have a good one.

Denise

14 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Nice take on the sketch! I think this "bug" has hit a lot of us!!! Hope you feel better soon!

Drayia said...

Sinus infections can be brutal. Get better soon Denise and loved the story about your son. My son is now almost 13 and has been dealing with bullying since grade 1. The schools here have a no tolorance policy but most of the teachers and staff just look the other way. It is very frustrating. I am hopeing that things will be better in High School for him next year. Not much else we can do because it seems to follow him everytime we have changed school. He is a techno geek and small and skinny which I think is why he gets picked on. Have a wonderful Halloween weekend and look forward to your inspiration that you will post soon :D
http://drayia.blogspot.com/

TeenaBugg38 said...

geeze and in second grade.....awful! My high schooler had a girl threaten to knife him and the school just acted like it was no big deal. And keep in mind that we DID have a fatal shooting at this school about 2 years ago so it blows my mind that they can be so nonchalant about it. Hope you feel better soon!!

Khristen said...

I hope you and Lara feel better :( We've been sick here too, Patryk and I. Sorry to hear about Nicholas, too. That's too bad, at so young an age, he has to deal with this. I'm glad it went well at the school, and hope that his problems are over for good! Nice page, by the way ;)

Kim said...

Love your layout! The little pumpkins are too cute!!!!! I love your take on the sketch! Did you see that I'm having a dt call at Sketches in Thyme!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Betty Anne said...

So sorry to hear you and the little one are still sick, hopefully the antibiotics will start working quickly. I'm glad everything got sorted out for Nicolas at the school. Love your layout.

Cindy Gay said...

I'm glad you got an antibiotic and I too am proud of Nicholas. Great lo, nice tones. Especially like the title font.

Scrapamum said...

Oh you poor things : ( Get better soon.
Great LO Denise!!!

Katie said...

What a great layout! I love your take on it. That row of pumpkins & swirly spider web...are those stamps?
I am glad you went to the dr. & got some meds. Hopefully you will be feeling 100% very soon! And KUDOS to Nicholas. Forgiving a bully is a hard thing to do. :)

Deanna said...

Denise, Hope you feel better SOON!

Great take on the Sassy Lil' Sketch and love your border of pumpkins! So CUTE!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

So sorry you are not feeling well. Love your take on the sketch. So sorry about the bullying.

anazelia said...

I tried to post to this last night on my phone, but then it crashed.

Love the sketch, love the layout. And wow about the bully. At least your school took it seriously. And you should be so happy that your son confided in you. It really makes me nervous about sending my girls on to big school one day. Sigh. Parenting sure is harder than it appears on tv.

Bev said...

Love your take on the sketch Denise. The pumpkins are gorgeous!! Trust you are much better now.

Cherie Averill said...

Great page! I hope you're feeling better by now!!!