Friday, October 29, 2010

Cards and Movie

Hey gals,

As you know, I am a guest DT over at Scrap Our Stash.  I submitted a Frugal Friday tip for them.   Here's my post.


Every so often, when my scraps start piling up, I decide to make some quick and easy cards while I watch a movie.  Now that it’s fall, it’s the perfect time to do it as the weather turns colder.   Here’s what I use on them:  Stamps, ink, couple of punches, trimmer, my scrap embellishments and some glue.

Here’s what I do.

I pull out some scraps and match by color. 




Using what I have I cut the pieces up into various pieces for a 4x6 card.  Here’s where I use my punches.  I also ink up all the pieces once this is done.


After I’ve cut it all up, I stamp sentiments and images on the pieces of cardstock and add some embellishments from my stash of embellishments.  These are embellishments that are extras from kits etc. 




 Here’s how my cards came out.





So I enjoyed a funny movie and have some fun notes to send off to my friends and family.  I really enjoy doing this.  Hope you’ll give it a try.



If you get time, I'd love you to head over there and leave some love :)

Hugs,  Lala

6 comments:

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Great idea. Love your cards. I bet I could whip out several cards while watching a good movie. I so need to use up my stash :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That's a great tip for clearing up those piles we all have. Thanks for have a great weekend! (thanks for your lovely comment too!)

anazelia said...

so great. I am going to attempt to make breast cancer thank you cards- for those who donate to help me walk. But I am a lazy card maker.

bakscrap said...

I need to do this. My scraps are outgrowing thier drawer!

Scrapamum said...

Great tip Denise!!!!! And yay for guest spot. YOu go girl!!!

Amanda Jones said...

Great tips for using up those left overs! I really should do this more often, rqther than just collect more stuff!