Friday, September 17, 2010

Using my I-Rock

Hey gals,

I saw this sketch at Sketches4you and fell in love with it!  No surprise though, it's by Cherie at Sassy "lil Sketches and I love all her sketches.   It is a part of the Sketch-a-thon going on now at Sketches4you.



I used my I-rock to put all those yellow (hard to tell, I know) rhinestones on.  So easy!!!  I then used glimmer mist w/ a heavy dose of perfect pearls in it and sprayed the Tim Holtz' clock mask in the upper right hand corner.  I had a pink glimmer mist that I thought would be great, but when I pulled it down it was this yucky goldish color!!!  Is there an expiration date for glimmer mist?  Rather than toss it I just heaped in the perfect pearls until it was a rose.  In person it is sooooo sparkly!  Glad the glimmer mist went bad, lol.  I also distress the pattern paper and then inked it up.  Yup, my hands are a strange array of colors.  

Here's the challenges I used to make my layout:

Cherie's sketch - http://sketchesforyou.ning.com/forum/topics/special-guest-cherie-from
Distressing - http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com/2010/09/d-is-for.html
Masking - http://studiol3.blogspot.com/2010/09/compendium-of-curiosities-week-14.html


I am happy to say I am feeling better, but my husband came down w/ it yesterday.  It's a viscous circle.  It seems this school year, we will once again be the house of plague ;)

Also, my girlfriend Christina, sweetheart that she is, gave me a blog award.


That totally made my day!  I've know Christina for a while and I always love reading what she has to say.  For a awhile she wasn't feeling so hot, and I really missed her.  Glad your back girl!  Christina also runs the Challenge Blog Scrap it with a Song.  You should definitely go check it out, they are a great group of gals.

So by getting this I get to bore you with 10 things that make me happy right now.  So here's the list.

1.  My children
2.  My husband
3. preschool (gasp! Did she say that?)  yes, I did.
4. The sound of laughter, especially my children's
5. Scrapbooking (duh, I know)
6. Anything that resembles or has chocolate in it
7. My Mac (never will I go PC again!)
8. My Kindle
9. My IPad (yes, I am a techno geek)
10.  All of you gals

I'm suppose to forward this to 10 friends, but there's no way I can pick 10.  I'd leave someone out and it would hurt my feelings.  So, if you are one of those unfortunate lucky gals that swaps blog chatter w/ me, scoop this baby up and display it proudly!  Let me know if you do, so I can leave you more bloggy love :)


Have a fun and fabulous weekend gals!

Denise

18 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

What a fantastic layout! I'm eager to scrap but don't have time! Hopefully Sunday...

Shelly said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! You added so many special little details to it. It's awesome.

Jackie said...

Oh, I love this! I love the misting in the corner too! One of my Faves of yours :)

Cindy Gay said...

Awesome pictures and nice borders.

CraftyGirl said...

Denise... I LOVE this LO!! all of the distressing and masking and blinging!! it all goes together so beautifully!!
Barb :)

Theresa said...

I really love this LO! The details and distressing are perfect. You make me mad at myself, as I've had my I-roc a month now, and still haven't really used it.

~Christina~ said...

GORGEOUS LO!!!! Thanks for reposting this award so I can get all up in your koolaid too! LMBO! :)

Stacy said...

Denise, I think we are twin sisters from other mothers...I did the same thing around this sketch with my i-rock! That is just so weird and funny.

I LOVE your layout. It is gorgeous. Love your masking. It is really great paper and embellies too. The pictures are sweet. You rocked it!~

Brenda said...

It was easy to use this i-rock for this, wasn't it? In my sample for Cherie's layout, that's what I had done as well. Glimmer Mist shouldn't go bad, but it can get clogged and yucky if you shake it the wrong way. Rather than shake, it's more of a tap and swirl. Glad you found a solution!!

Cortney Lyon said...

I love your list of 10 things that make you happy and Congratulations for the award!

Cokie Pop Paper Boutique said...

What a beautiful layout. I may need to try out that I-rock real soon :)

Tanya R said...

This is a fab layout!
Hugs
Tanya

Linda Ledbetter said...

What a great layout, Denise! Not only did you do the masking work masterfully, you created the most adorable page! The photos are darling, and the layers of sweet paper and little rhinestones make it even more special. Great job on the CCC!

I'm so glad you're feeling better, and I hope you man is well soon, too!

Kim said...

Totally love your layout! Those papers are so sweet and the photos are heartwarming! Love what you did with them!!!! Hopefully, I'm back!!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Yelowflower said...

How pretty! love the story behind the creation...made me smile. thanks

Callista said...

gorgeous layout! Just love it! And such great pictures. Love your little meme as well. have a great day!

Sue C said...

Super layout Denise, Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge. Sue C x

~Patty~ said...

I'm way behond on commenting. LOL. This page is to die for. Saving it in my favorites. Great job lady !!!