Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kid Power

Hey gals,

Today was Nicholas' first day of school.  He was dreading it but when he came out he said it was awesome.  I was so happy for him!  We went and got ice cream to celebrate his first day of school.  I can't believe Summer's over.  Waaaa.  Lara doesn't start preschool for another week, which works out really well since she is sick.

I finally made a layout.  Sheesh.  It's been a while.  I made if for my ink challenge over at sketches4you.  The challenge is to use ink in your title.  I also used an awesome sketch from Sketches In Thyme.  My girlfriend Stacy gave me the gorgeous Basic Grey Lime Rickey paper and stickers.  I love it!!!  The colors are so bright and gorgeous.


Well I am hoping to get one page or two cards done every day this month.  This LOAD (layout a day) challenge is going on over at my yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sfyscybercroppers/.  We'll see how that goes... 

Denise

10 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

I have that Kid Power stamp!!! This is a really fun layout! I've not been crafting lately either! but, hopefully this weekend---I know my husband will want to wood turn his weekend away to get ready for Fall shows... :-)

TeenaBugg38 said...

I didn't know you had a yahoo group:) You LO is darling....I LOVEEEE the Basic Grey Lime Rickey too!!

Denise said...

it's not my group. I'm a member in it :)

CuddlyBunny said...

Woohoo Nicholas! May every first in your life end in sharing ice cream with someone you love!

Denise, your layout is wonderful! Pulling out the orange from the jungle gym is brilliant!

Betty Anne said...

Fantastic layout Denise. So glad that Nicholas had a great first day and I hope the little lady feels better real soon.

Scrapamum said...

Fabulous LO Denise!!!!!! You pulled this off fabulously!!!!!!

Cokie Pop Paper Boutique said...

Hope Nicholas had a great 1st day. Love that Basic Grey paper! Great colors.

Debbie said...

Such a fun and colorful layout!

Bonnie said...

Another layout that makes me feel happy just looking at it. The colors are great and, well, I just love everything about it. You & Keitha have inspired me to try to use more colorful papers and more patterned paper. You know I have a problem using patterned paper, although I love pp.

Elise said...

Ooooo! I love these bright fun colors!!! What a WONDERFUL layout Denise! I'm so glad your son had a great time at school .. it makes it easier huh? And Lara starting pre-k in a week!!! Oh gosh!!! Whew time flies! :( lol!

Big Hugs,
Elise