Saturday, September 25, 2010

I love making Halloween cards and Sprinkles cupcakes

There is something about making cards about witches, ghosts, and magic that is just so fun.  Halloween is definitely one of my favorite holidays :)  Today I made a cute card using the Simon Says Stamp Sketch.


I made this quick and easy card with my Happy Hauntings Cricut Cart.  The images are sooo cute!  I added some stickles to make it a little sparkly.

I am entering my card for the following challenges

Simon says Stamp (sketch) - http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/2010/09/simon-says-jay-jays-sketch.html

Wee Memories (CAS) - http://suchins.blogspot.com/2010/09/challenge-24-dt-hop-sponsored-by-simon.html

Allsorts Challenge Blog (Keep it simple) - http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2010/09/allsorts-week-71-plain-and-simple.html

Paper Sundaes (Halloween Colors) - http://papersundaes.blogspot.com/2010/09/fabulous-fall-paper-sundaes-challenge.html

Totally Paper Crafts (Magic) - http://totallypapercrafts.blogspot.com/

We can't wait to celebrate Lara's birthday!  Chris picked up some Sprinkles cupcakes in Beverly Hills.  These are the best cupcakes on the face of the planet!!!  I'm not a big cupcake fan, but these...I drool over!  Their red velvet cupcakes are a masterpiece. They are so rich you can only eat half!  Though I try to eat the whole thing every time, lol.   A definite diet breaker!  Chris bought a dozen and a half.




Beside Red Velvet we bought some Chocolate marshmallow and Vanilla.  Ohh the choices!!!  I am going to be so sick this weekend :)))))

Denise

21 comments:

Stacy said...

Boy am I stupid. I thought you were making cupcakes with sprinkles on them! lol Not buying decadent cupcakes from Sprinkles in BH!! Now I am super jealous and I don't even like cupcakes! ha

Quinn says he loves the card!! And I do too. He also says to say Happy Bday to Lara!!

I have a halloween cricut cart but it isn't this one...too bad. I like mine but this one is super cool.

Michele Gross said...

Super cute and fun! :) Love the added sparkle!!
And those cupcakes are some major yum! Your kid's pics on your sidebar are sooo cute! Your daughter's pic totally made me giggle-what a cutie
Glad you joined us at Wee Memories :)

fi's cards and crafts said...

great card. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very cool Halloween card, and those cupcakes looks yummy too!

Debs said...

Super cool Halloween card.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Bonnie said...

Love the card! I'm drooling over the cupcakes. Happy Birthday to Lara.

Jocelyn said...

Love that card and now you have me drooling all over my keyboard....CUPCAKES and Red Velvet....my favorite...can you share one with me!!!

Cokie Pop Paper Boutique said...

Love all of the sparkle. What a fun card and perfect for this time of year.

Kim said...

Cute card! I love what you did with that fun cart. YOur google eye frame is just spooky! The witch kettle is brewing up some craftiness!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Jessica said...

I can't believe that she ate 3! I bet her tummy did hurt. Mine hurts if I just eat one. Those cupcakes have to be THE richest thing on the planet...but my, they are delicious!

Cortney Lyon said...

Those cupcakes do look "to die for"! I've never heard of marshmallow cupcakes...do tell?

Betty Anne said...

Love your halloween card and the stickles are just the perfect added touch to it.
The cupcakes sound like they are delicious, wish they had them here in Canada. I hope that Lara has a great 3rd birthday.

Jenny said...

So cute!! The cupcakes look yummy!! :) :) :) :) thanks for playing this week with us at Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love that flame and the boiling water! They look awesome with the flourishes and bats!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Elise said...

Ohhhh Denise! Yes, I agree that Halloween cards are fun to make too! hehe! This is sooooo CUTE!!! Love it!

I hope Lara had a wonderful birthday! Yayyy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet little cutie! And you know ... I've NEVER had red velvet cupcakes?!!!! Oooooh, I've seen people eating them on TV, and I sit there DROOLING looking at them! I hope one day I'll get to try a bite!!! ;)

Hugs,
Elise

LG said...

I love everything about that card

Marcea said...

What a great card, I love it!! Now as for those cupcakes ..... drool! Thankyou so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week
-x-

Laurel said...

This is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

Cute card, I really like that frame! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Tanya R said...

Yummy! What talent!
Hugs
Tanya

AnitaRex said...

Great Halloween card! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories!