Friday, September 10, 2010

Footsteps by the Sea

Today was Lara's first day of school.  She missed the actual first day because she was sick, but happily she's starting to feel a little better.  She absolutely loved it!  She went right in and started playing.  I gave her a hug and she was fine.  The teachers said she did really well but didn't talk or smile.  That's my shy girl.  She said her favorite part was snack and the park (her word for playground).  She was very happy when I picked her up and wants to go tomorrow.  Doesn't get any better than that.  Chris says it's funny that we have one child who won't quit talking in class and one child who won't talk at all.  LOL.

When I got home from dropping her off, I broke into song, "I'm free to do whatever I want, any ole time".  Is that wrong?

I went straight into my scrap room and made this page for Sketch Inspiration.  I had the sketch tagged to do today because I liked it so much.


It's Friday!  Who Hoo!  My sister is having a twins' birthday party, welcome back from Afghanistan party for her hubby, and a goodbye party all rolled into one.  They are moving to Tennessee next month.  Boo Hoo!!!  I hope we can make it.  Chris was home yesterday with a fever.  Crossing my fingers!  Have a fabulous weekend girls!

Denise

16 comments:

cyber boy said...

______beauty______

Kelly Massman said...

Well, at least Tennessee is beautiful!
Love the beachy Lo!

Stacy said...

I made a layout with this sketch too but haven't been able to post it yet as it is for another site that hasn't posted it yet. Yours is adorable!! I bet you were doing a little happy dance all the way to your craft room!! LOL
It isn't wrong to want a little personal time. It makes you a happier mom and you miss them/they miss you. When you all get back together you are all happier - it is a win win....

Cindy Gay said...

Great picture!

Janie Printz said...

What a nice layout ... All your scrapbook pages are amazing & I love your work.
Hugs, Janie

Marlene said...

Beautiful layout....and smiling about your daughter's experience with her first day. :)

Khristen said...

It is definitely not wrong! (Is it wrong that I wish my 2 year old would hurry up and go to school already? LOL) Lovely layout, Denise :)

Bev said...

I love this LO. Just makes me want to get to the beach!!

Cokie Pop Paper Boutique said...

Love how you used shells on the page. So cute.

~Christina~ said...

This is gorgeous! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the shells :)

Scrapamum said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Debbie said...

Beautiful layout Denise! Love the sea shells!

Jamie Lane said...

Love the shells and the big scallops!

Lela said...

oh, the shells are beautiful on this!

SABRI said...

It's a fantastic layout!!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

I love your layout!! I love that you added the sea shells. I co-host a Scrapbook Inspiration Challenge over at SCS. We would love to have you join us! http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/scrapbook-inspiration-f126/sic82-stamp-another-medium-t506510.html