Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Studio L3 Tim Holtz tag challenge and bowling

Hey everyone,

Studio L3 challenge this week is Inking Grudge.  I decided to ink up two hearts and connect them with an eyelet.  To add a little shine, I put distress crackle paint over them.


Today we meet some friends and bowling.  It was Lara's first time and I had visions of balls flying.   The kids had a blast!  Lara was so excited!!


Nick just cracked me up though w/ his funny faces after he rolled the ball.


We ended up playing 2 games and the kids were so tired by the end of it.  The lane next to us was empty, so Lara thought that would be a good place to rest.



Nick cracked me up on the way over there.  I had forgotten my directions, so I made a quick call to Chris to figure out where to go.  As it was dialing, Nick says indignantly, "Mom that's a safety violation!"  Yikes, who needs a cop around when I have him?  LOL.

12 comments:

Netty said...

Love the link up of the hearts, its beautiful. Annette x

Cokie Pop Paper Boutique said...

Love your grunge project. I need to try that soon. Cute pics of the kiddos too!

Stacy said...

Sounds like a ton of fun! I'm glad it turned out so well!!
Those hearts are so cool. I love how you added the crackle paint to them.

Kelly Massman said...

Your inked hearts are awesome! And, OMG I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the photos!!!! Makes me wish I could have been there with you!

TeenaBugg38 said...

LOL@ safety violation.......I'd horrify the kid, my poor kiddo's have seen their mom at her road raging best. I just love that heart....I love anything with crackle finish so I know the photo just isn't doing it justice and from here it is still beautiful! And cute, cute cute pix :) I totally love Lara's taste in bowling balls too...tell her the brighter they are the better they knock down pins!!! Or at least blind the opposition.....LOL

Betty Anne said...

Wow love those hearts and the crackle rocks. Love the pictures of the kids, glad they had a "ball" bowling.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Denise, those kids are darling! What a cute story about your bowling adventure. And it sounds like you may have a future law enforcement officer on your hands!

As for your inked grunge hearts, they're GORGEOUS! Great color and lovely stamping, and the way you attached them together is so creative and cool! I love the effect you created with the Distress crackle paint-- great idea!!!

Terry said...

So love the pink grunge hearts! Great crackling! Looks like the kids and mom had a fun time!

Marlene said...

Cool inked grunge!

Your little girl is the CUTEST behind that big ol' green bowling ball!

CuddlyBunny said...

Stellar grunge piece!

Also, completely dig your retelling of bowling night! Now you have a story to share when your little one wants to show off his "Look Mom! No hands!" routine. :)

2amscrapper said...

Love your grungy hearts! What a great story!

My name is Toni said...

This is great... I always forget about my crackle paint... GOOD idea!!!! love the connecting of the hearts !