Thursday, August 26, 2010

My 50th card I've made this year (hit my goal!)

Hey gals,

I made my 50th card today.  Whoo Hooo!  That's a lot of cards!!  Here's why I wanted to make so many.  (Nicole, if you're reading this stop!!!)   My sister's husband has an excellent chance of being moved out of state.  If this happens, I'm going to be soooo sad.  We are very close.  So I thought I would give her a gift of cards before she left so she could send notes to all her family and friends.  And since I know she loves sending cards to people, she will definitely get some use out of them.  



I also made this card for Brenda's challenge over at http://sketchesforyou.ning.com/group/brendaschallenges.  Her challenge was to make something with fall colors and include at least one flower.  Isn't that a fun challenge?  I think it is open until Sunday, so hop over there if you want a chance to win an RAK.

We are feeling much better and it felt to good to get my hands on some scrapping stuff!  I also make a layout, but I'm afraid you'll have to wait until the 7th to see it.  It's for a Sassy sketch :)  Have a great Thursday.  Friday's almost here :))

Denise

11 comments:

Elise said...

Denise you are just too sweet and thoughtful! How dear of you to make your sister all of these cards ... and she will LOVE them! The colors on this are beautiful and the flowers are such a perfect touch! I love it!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Scrapamum said...

Woooohoooo on your 50th card!!!! I've made umm... 5???
So glad your family is feeling better now mine is sick : (

Betty Anne said...

Your card is beautiful Denise, I just love the colors in it. Your sister will love them. Hopefully her hubby won't have to move out of state, I know you will miss your sister and the little ones.
Congrats on making your goal. I wish I had done a 2010 goal when I started my blog. But at that time I was only doing a few layouts and a lot of them were in classes. But now that I have got the hang of following sketches I have done a ton of layouts and cards. Not as many as you but still a lot. I will have to make sure to start a goal at the first of next year.

Carrie said...

beautiful card! congrats on hitting your goal!!!

<3 Carrie

Cokie Pop Paper Boutique said...

Love your Hey girl card. Congrats on reaching your goal! So glad you guys are feeling better:)

Kelly Massman said...

Cool!

Marlene said...

Oooh....I haven't counted the number of cards I've made this year....probably can't count that high. Yikes.

Your card is gorgeous. I'm sorry to hear your sister may be moving away. I'm going through the same heartache right now...my daughter is moving to another state...10 hours away. Waaaah.

Caro said...

50! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!! I think it is a sweet idea to prepare such a lovely present for your sister. I live so far away from mine and miss her a lot, so I know what it is like! I will be scrapping her wedding album, if she ever finishes labelling and journalling for the photos!

Stacy said...

What a nice idea Denise. But what should I expect from such a nice person!??! She will love them.

I love your 50th(!!!)card! It is a beauty.

I am sure none of us can count as high as the number of cards that Marlene has made!! lol

kalasue said...

Such a pretty card.. I am sure that your Sister will appreciate you making the cards for her even if she doesn't have to move... She can just send them to you. LOL

agypsyangel said...

Beautiful card. See you soon...