Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What a face!

Nicholas' soccer camp had a wacky Wednesday today, and Nicholas begged to have his face painted and his hair colored.  He decided he wanted to do it in the English colors since the coaches are all English kids. He also wanted to wear a soccer jersey of Chris'.  He was so proud of himself when we were done!  I loved watching him watch himself in the mirror.



I also wanted to post my tag for the new Tim Holtz challenge on Studio L3's blog.  This weeks challenge was distress powder.  I had to run out and buy the distress powder.  I only had regular embossing powder.  The stamp I used is also from Tim Holtz.  Of course, I had to add some girliness to it as well!  On the flowers I added some Stickles around the edges.


Finally, Sassy 'Lil Sketches has this week's new sketch out.  This week's sketch is for a card.  They have some amazing examples on their blog, so take a peek if you want to join into the challenge.


It's been a crazy day today.  While Nick was playing soccer, Lara and I hit the mall and then a small concert at the local library.  I'm tired!!!  Have a wonderful night :)

Denise

15 comments:

Linda Ledbetter said...

Denise, your girled up the Distress Powder technique beautifully! I love the sweet simplicity of your tag-- it's soft and inviting and has all the loveliness I've come to anticipate from your art! ♥

Caro said...

You even painted his ears!!!!!! Was it hard to wash it off? Lovely tag!

Denise said...

I know, he was soooo tickled! No it wasn't too hard. In fact, it came off all over his clothes, my car... It comes off really easily with baby shampoo.

Lisa said...

What a sweet photo! looks like he was having so much fun!!!

anazelia said...

Is your son doing the Challenger British Soccer camp? Bella did that last year, but didn't like it very much. She is my girly girl, but it is a great program.

Love that tag. I bought the book to do the challenges, but don't have any of the supplies, LOL. Love that tag.

Betty Anne said...

Nick looks pretty cool with his painted face, glad he is liking the camp.
Love your tag.

Kim said...

This is a fabulous pic of your little man! Such spirit and fun....lovely little tag!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Stacy said...

He looks so happy with all that gunk on his face! lol How sweet. You're a nice mom for doing it.
Love your tag. Wish I had some distress powder. I wanted to do this challenge too. I went to the LSS and they didn't have any. They had everything else practically but not the powder...

Marlene said...

Love your tag - but your son - IS ADORABLE!

CraftyGirl said...

Seriously... how cute is that?!! My daughter played soccer for many years and it was always amazing to me the lengths they would go to show their team spirit!! Love the tag too... the flowers are perfect!!
bArb :)

wintam said...

Love the tag - and your kid looks so cool!

Denise said...

Ana, he's in an Ayso camp. The coaches come from England and stay with families here :)

Cokie Pop Paper Boutique said...

Face painting is so much fun. Cute picture. Love your tag. I need to do more distressing. You did a great job.

Terry said...

Very sweet tag! Love the flowers.

CuddlyBunny said...

Wonderful tag!

Also, in case I've never mentioned, every time I bop over to your blog your little ones get a big smile back from me -- they are SO cute!