Monday, July 19, 2010

The things we do for our kids

Practical Scrappers has a fabulous challenge this week!  You need to use something in your stash that is at least a year old.  I think this is my favorite challenge.  Such a great way to pull out old stuff and use it.  I had some half used K&Company sticker sheets that I really needed to use, as well as some old K&Company paper and glitter chipboard.  K&Company was my favorite for a long long time, and I bought a ton of their paper pads.



We had a great time yesterday playing in a pool!  There was a slide that was 9 feet high!!  Lara took one look at it and begged to go down!  She started climbing up on her own.  Okaaaay.  Being 9 ft up on a ladder, not my idea of fun.  (Plus, the cars along the street could see me in my suit!)  So I took my little daredevil and we did the slide.  She did great and my dad caught her.  She did NOT want to do it again.  Nicholas went up, looked down and said no way.  He did go down with me though.  The awful scary things we do to make our children happy, I swear.




Well, it's a quiet day here today.  Nicholas woke up with 101 fever and body aches, so we're homebound.  There went his dentist appt today.  I think he planned it...hmm.  Have a great day!

Denise

13 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

9 ft high wouldnt be my idea of fun either but you know kids, she is lovely, and your page is beautiful.
Christine x

Lacee broyles said...

Love the pics!!! So cute!!!

2amscrapper said...

What a gorgeous layout --Lara pretty in pink with matching papers and embellies!

Jackie said...

I love how everything matches so well :)

Scrapamum said...

Fabulous LO and fabulous photos Denise! Looks like you all had a fab time!!!

Cokie Pop Paper Boutique said...

I like K&Company too. Love your pretty layout. Love the pictures of your pool time fun :)

Stacy said...

You are an awesome mom - one willing to die for your childrens pleasure! lol Love that LO such cheery paper and great photos!!

There is a cute little finch eating at the bird feeder out the window in front of this desk. Wish you could see it.

Hope Nick feels better soon. Stacy

Kim said...

I totally agree, these old stash challenges are great for making us rethink things we once LOVED!!!! I especially like how you used those stickers and flowers.
Sweet photos of Lara, she is adorable! Nicholas is feeling better!
blessings,
Kim xXx

Kelly Massman said...

Very pretty LO!

artfuldelight said...

I hope Nicholas feels better. Very pretty LO!

Marlene said...

Gorgeous layout! Your daughter is a brave little thing!!!! Watch out for your son. They're crafty, you know! ;) Hope he feels better soon!

Caro said...

I totally understand you!!! My daughter is an adrenaline junkie, but always needs company, and my husband and I get dizzy just by looking at the things she wants us to do!!!!!!!!!! We end up doing them with her, anyway.

~Christina~ said...

This is just soooo pretty!!!!! <3 it