Saturday, July 31, 2010

It's Saturday morning and I have coffee in hand

There is nothing better than your first cup of coffee in the morning.  I know some of you don't drink it (Marlene), but those who are addicted like me know what I am talking about.  Mmmm.  

So I got badgered to death at Sketches4you to post my first inking challenge before August 1.  There are some feisty women over there!  So I caved to peer pressure and posted it.  It's the first one and soooooooo easy that you'll have to come play, if you haven't already.  You just need to use ink in two different ways.  And, of course, it has to be a new project.  No old pages recycled.  I've got an Tim Holtz alterations die and a bling prize, so there will be two winners.  You can combine it with whatever challenges you like.  Add it to 10, doesn't matter to me.  If you're interested just click on the Let's Ink box on the left side of my blog.

I decided to make a door hanger for Nicholas for my challenge.  I won some awesome BG Oliver paper from Leeanne's blog who by the way has fantastic giveaways (http://artfuldelight.blogspot.com/) and Nicolas was in love with the monkey images.  I spread all the paper out and he picked his favorite.  He also wanted me to put, "No girls allowed".  I said what about me?  He said, you can kiss me downstairs mommy.  (at bedtime).  Later that night he also said, "You can come in my room to pick up my clothes and put away laundry."   Well, thank you very much son!!!!  Time to do some chores adjustments around here, I think!!!



Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday, filled with fun :)

Denise

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I am working on something for your challenge right now but I am sure it won't be half as cute as your door hanger! I really thing that paper is adorable and Nick has great taste!! And he is smart too. I would let you come in and pick up and put away my laundry!!! lol Stacy

Cokie Pop Paper Boutique said...

What a cute door door hanger. I may have to make one of these for my classroom before school starts.

Scrapamum said...

I'm sure they twisted your arm real hard to post early lol!!! ; )
That door hanger is sooooooooo cute! Love it Denise!