Thursday, July 29, 2010

Imagine

Hey gals,

Today I've got a bookmark for you.  Studio L3 is has a Tim Holtz challenge up.  This one was definitely new to me!  It was to make a tinted vision fragment.  I thought it was just the right size for a bookmark.


Close up of the fragment


I thought it came out really cool.  I think I may be in danger of being a Tim Holtz fanatic.  LOL.  

Also, I have some fantastic news!  I am now a Design Team Member for Sketch 4 All!!!  They are a very sweet group of gals who are soooo laid back.  The owner, FIA even said I could make up a challenge group doing whatever I wanted :))  So my new challenge group is all about ink!!!  (Of course, it is, lol)  I'm going to post a new challenge there every 1st and 15th day, starting in Auguest.  There will be prizes :)  I'm also going to allow you to combine my challenge w/ any others you choose.  I hope I see all my friends there...hint hint.  Don't worry they don't sell anything, it's all about having fun!

Have a good one!

Denise

14 comments:

Betty Anne said...

I have some of Tim's fragments but haven't used them much because I don't really know what to do with them. Did you put alchol ink on the top of this one and a pic of Nick underneath?
I've already been over and joined your ink group Denise, I love it over at Sketches4You, lots of fun things going on.

Kelly Massman said...

Very cool tag!
I thought the designation of DT on Sketches 4 All was new to you when I saw it today! Congrats! I've sure enjoyed what I've done there so far! I'm hoping to do more in August! Stacy has been a blessing to me and the other ladies seem really nice, too! :-)

Denise said...

That's awesome Kelly! Yeah, they really are a sweet group! I'm pretty partial to Stacy too :)

Linda Ledbetter said...

Denise, congratulations on your new Design Team gig! How exciting, and they're so fortunate to have you!

Your art for this week's Compendium Challenge is fanTABULOUS! I love the Fragment you created-- what a great photo, and you did the technique perfectly. What a great idea, using it for this clever bookmark! ♥

Scrapamum said...

Love it! I am already a Tim Holtz fanatic!!
Congrats on the new DT!!!

Stacy said...

Hey girl, it really came out cool! I think you really rocked it. And congratulations on joining us at Sketches4you!! I am so STOKED that you will be on the DT too!! YEAH!!!
xo Stacy

Terry said...

It's too late, you already are a TH Fanatic! Love your fragment!

Netty said...

Terrific fragment, great bookmark, Annette x

scrappygal said...

Love that fragment!! I think it's perfect!!

Sherry said...

What a great idea for a bookmark - and personalised too with the photo so makes a lovely gift too!

fairyrocks said...

Gorgeous Tag
Congratulations on your new adventure!!
You are going to knock their socks off with your talent!!!

LindaCCC said...

That's really cool. May I ask how you made the tag?

Denise said...

I added alcohol ink to a fragment, then added a drop of the the alcohol blending solution to the center (it makes the ink move away towards the edges), then added a picture underneath it once it was dry. Try it, it's really cool!

Deanna Cosgrove said...

Oh, Denise, that turned out really cool! Love the colors of alcohol inks you chose.