Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Color Throwdown blog hop and the amazing Carla

Hey girls,

Two posts in one day?!  The last layout I did before I left, so here's a card I did today.  I've caught another (or maybe the same one) nasty cold being outside in the cold at Disneyland, so I decided to try a digi image today.  Nothing like coloring in front of the TV.  Reminds me of coloring as a child with my sister :)  The Color Throwdown is having a blog hop to celebrate 100 challenges and to participate you need to make a paper craft of the colors they choose. (http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/).  I decided to color this digi in watercolor pencils and then go over it with a paintbrush to soften up the pencil strokes.


I also wanted to let you know who our Pages in Time Guest Design Team Member is.  Did you know we had a guest DT member every month? This month's DT member is Carla.  


 Carla makes gorgeous flowers that are so much prettier than anything you can buy.  She also makes pages to drool over.  This is one of her's that I really love. 


 You can chat with her and see more of her layouts on her profile at pages in time (http://pagesintimestoresite.ning.com/profile/carlaOliveira) and her blog (http://reallifewithcarla.blogspot.com/).  She is really sweet and so talented, so if you have a chance, stop by and say hello.

Alright, that's enough outta me already.  Have a good night everyone :)

Denise

12 comments:

Our Little Inspirations said...

Your card is so elegant and pretty! A beautiful use of the colors! Thanks for playing along! BTW, your blog banner is amazing! I LOVE all those flowers!!!

Jessica said...

Hey girl -
You won one of the RAKs for our Lucky Girl Craft Kits blog party last weekend! Check out the details at http://mtnmommyscrapper.blogspot.com/2010/07/someones-lucky-girl-is-it-you.html
xo -
Jessica

debhorst said...

oh so pretty!! great job coloring those tulips!! Thanks for playing along with this 100th Color Throwdown challenge!! Make sure to leave some love along the way and increase you changes to win!!!

Stacy said...

Super cute card! I love to color. I do it alot with my little kids. I should do more digi images! ha

Kelly Massman said...

Pretty card!

Scrapamum said...

Fabulous card Denise! Welcome Carla!!! So happy to work with her!

Elise said...

Denise! This is such a BEAUTIFUL card that you've created! What LOVELY colors and such a SWEET image!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Broni said...

What beautiful watercoloring and what a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for helping us celebrate CTD challenge #100!!

2amscrapper said...

amazing card! I feel the same way about the coloring.....

Barbara said...

This is just amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with Color Throwdown 100!!

Marlene said...

Beautiful - both your card and Carla's layout! Wish I could see those flowers better...they look amazing in the teenytiny photo!

Cokie Pop Paper Boutique said...

Beautiful coloring on this. Hope you enjoyed Disney. I just finished a Disney project on my blog. I love to see Mickey :)