Tuesday, June 15, 2010

You're a Star

Hey gals,

I did something new today.  It's called Water stamping.  It is a stamping technique in Tim Holtz's new book.  I bought the book a couple of weeks ago and a few days ago I found this website http://studiol3.blogspot.com/2010/06/compendium-of-curiosities-challenge.html.  Linda at Studio L3 is gong to post a challenge from his book until she has gone through the entire book.  I love this idea and jumped on it.  Here's my card.


The water stamping technique is the pale bleached out stars in the background, on the right side.  I also used a fabulous sketch from Sassy Lil' Sketches.  (http://sassylilsketches.blogspot.com/)  So cute!  Summer's in full swing here.  Lara went to her "Teacher and Me" class, Nick had a swimming lesson, and we hit the park.  The weather is nice and hot.  Love summertime with my children :)

14 comments:

2amscrapper said...

I want to join in the fun! Your card is wonderful!

Linda Ledbetter said...

It's beautiful, Denise! I love the colors you chose, and the way you overstamped the stars over the waterstamping is really gorgeous and makes it look 3D! Thank so much for joining the Compendium Challenge!

Hugs,
Linda

The Watson's said...

Love the card! It turned out really pretty. I brought that "book" with me so maybe I will check out that challenge site and do it along with you guys! XO stacy

Betty Anne said...

Beautiful card Denise. I haven't bought the book. Do you find it is worth the money?

Denise said...

I think it is Betty, but I really love Tim Holtz. I would suggest looking through a copy and see what you think before you buy it. It is expensive.

Marlene said...

How gorgeous! What a cool technique.

CraftyGirl said...

Love your card... i think I may just have to learn this technique too!!
Barb :)

Chelsea said...

Denise your card is so wonderful. That is such a cool technique, thanks for sharing. I love the way it look, so pretty.
Luv,
Chelsea

Lori said...

Wonderful card!

Kim said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing this technique with us!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Cherie Averill said...

Gorgeous card! Love the technique! Thanks for using a Sassy Sketch!

Katie said...

What a cool effect that is! Great card!

Rhonda said...

The stars look great with this bleached out effect. Gorgeous - cheers!

Cherie Averill said...

Love the water stamping! I need to try that! Thanks for sharing your card!