Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Practical Scrappers Design Team Call and WOYWW

Practical Scrappers has a Design Team call open right now.  Having been a DT member for them, I can tell you it is really fun to be a part of such a talented group of women.  They took me on when I had no experience with design teams, so don't let that stop you from applying!  I decided not to reapply (you didn't think I could keep up with three Design Teams did you?!), but I encourage you all to give it a go if you would like the experience and fun of being on a Design Team.  You can check out how to apply at http://www.practicalscrappers.com/p/design-team-call.html.

As an aside, I have caught a mean cold and am not feeling well, so no layouts from me today.  I thought I'd participate in the WOYWW for the first time instead.  If you are not familiar with that term, It stands for What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday?  A huge group of people post what's on their desks and link it to http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/.  I follow a few gals that do this, and it's fun to see that side to their crafting.  So here's mine.


Here's the left side.  I have my TH book thrown on top of paper, on top of grunge board.  There are some acrylic blocks with stamps on them I need to put away.  You can see a a whole bunch of My little Shoebox paper, abcs, and overlays I won in their blog hop.


Here's the right side.  Some scraps from a layout a couple of days ago and some goodies I got from entering Gabrielle's blog candy.  (Love them, thanks girl!)  There's my pictures I need to scrap.  Quite a filing system I have, hmm?  Some water I really should move.


And where everything lands when I run out of room, but don't want to stop scrapbooking to clean it up...The floor.  There's a page I need to journal on, a ton of scraps that are driving me insane, etc.  Some of us girls were talking about our scrapbooking spaces on Pages in Time on my group (Scrapbooking Spaces).  I said what I slob I was and a friend said no, it's "creatively chaotic".  I think if she saw this post, she'd change her mind.

Enjoy today!

Denise

15 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

Oh a hive of activity there love the space, and the box at the back on the 1st pic.
Christine x

Helen said...

Hope your cold gets better soon. Loved the look round your desk - and the floor!

CraftyGirl said...

sorry to hear you are not feeling well! I hope you have a speedy little recovery and are able to get back to your crafting soon!!
Barb :)

angeleef said...

Welcome! I'm not posting today, but I like to see other peoples rooms. Yeah, I'm so nosy :)
I really like your banner with all those flowers! (In case you haven't noticed, I'm a flower-fan :))
** Evi **

anazelia said...

Oh sorry you don't feel well. I hope you get back up to speed soon.

Scrapamum said...

Get better soon!!!!! When you feel better you can come organize my scraproom. It is in desperate need of some organization!!!

Stacy said...

Your space looks positively clean compared to mine right now. Hope you feel better soon.

Marlene said...

Feel better soon!!!

Kim said...

Thanks for giving us a peek at your desk! You should have seen my whole room before I cleaned it! It is so clean right now, it doesn't even look used!
Hope you are feeling better, check the Sketches in Thyme blog, you made top 3 this week!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Caro said...

It feels so good to have a look at your desk and see I'm not the only messy one! LOL! I need toi start packing my stuff for moving, so it will be tidy soon. I will miss scrapping terribly!

Wipso said...

Get better soon. What a fab crafting space.
A x

Sue said...

Hi
hope your feeling better soon, lovely desk piccies, very creative space, now what is that big yellow thing?? seen that a couple of times, have good day, sue,x

Sunshine Girl said...

Its definately creative chaos dont let anyone else tell you otherwise (I know cause my floor looks the same as yours!).

Julia Dunnit said...

Welcome to WOYWW! The colours and patterns on your workspace really don't go with tim's book - I was surprised to see it there; you're obviusly very skilled at flitting between styles..how fab. I realise with the number of WOYWWers that you can't get round em all (look at me, it's Friday and I'm still travelling!) - but hope that out posts have proved to you that 'slob' doesn't exist in crafting - although 'excuse' comes up a lot! Loved seeing whta you've got - you've been lucky with the wins, huh!

Jan said...

I'd love to snoop a little more and do hope you get to feeling better!