Thursday, June 24, 2010

Playing with Tim Holtz's alcohol inks and acrylic album

Hey gals,

I decided to see what Tim Holtz's alcohol inks looked like on an Acrylic album.  I tried two different methods.  The first few times I used applied drops of various colors on the blending tool and then applied some of the alcohol blending solution.  I then "stamped" it all over the acrylic album.  I did this several times.  Note:  It spreads out on it's own, don't overstep.  I did this and did not like the effect.  I also learn not to put the alcohol blending solution directly on the acrylic.  It immediately spreads all the ink away, leaving a clear circle.  You'll see these.

The second way I tried it was to apply it with a brayer.  It turned out way to dark for my taste, not to mention my brayer is now bright purple.  For fun, I "stamped" some purple ink to a white flower.  It turned into a deep rich purple flower that I think is really pretty.  Anyway, here's my experiment for the day.


Enjoy your afternoon, 
Denise

4 comments:

Scrapamum said...

Love how you experimented! Can't wait to see the finished product!

CraftyGirl said...

I need to spend a little more time learning how to use these inks!! Thanks for the tips!!
Barb :)

Brenda said...

Experimenting is good. I do that often with these inks to find a good finished look. TFS!

Stacy said...

I think they are all kind of cool~ I especially like the flower and the middle one on the bottom row... keep experimenting!! xo stacy