Thursday, June 24, 2010

All I can say is wow

I have the best friend.  I met Stacy online when we found out we were traveling together to adopt our daughters in China.  We emailed each other frequently about what we should pack, how we felt, getting our children at home ready, etc.  When we finally met in China, we gave each other the biggest hug and were darn near inseparable throughout the two week trip.  It's been a year and a half since then and hardly a day goes by with an email (or twelve) between us.  I also try to get out to Las Vegas a few times a year to visit.  Sometimes, you just meet people that you really connect with.  Though she doesn't like to gamble, which is a shame, lol.

Anyway, I opened the door today expected some pictures from Shutterfly and look what I got instead. She sent me this sweet card.  I just love what she stamped on it!  And for the record Stacy, I don't know what I'd do without you in my life!


And it accompanied all this!!!


I don't know what I did to deserve all these fantastic goodies, but I do know that I'm the lucky one for having her in my life.  Thank you so much.  It brought tears to my eyes.

9 comments:

anazelia said...

how sweet. and such a lovely story. one of my best friends is someone I meet on the internet and have never met in real life.

Scrapamum said...

That is so sweet! Isn't it great to have such wonderful caring fabulous friends!

CraftyGirl said...

Wow!! I would say she is a pretty good friend!! That was very nice of her!! Now, you'll have to get busy and put all that to good use!!!
barb :)

Susan said...

Aww how sweet! My best friend in the world I met online 13 years ago and she's actually the one who got me started on scrapbooking!! I blame her all the time for my living at the poverty level but with plenty of paper and glue! Kidding of course! She lived 5 hours away from me when we met but has since moved to Florida. I do get to see her when we travel, because we generally either go to Disney (she meets me there!) or take a cruise, so she will meet me at the cruise port for a short visit. I wish we could spend some time scrapping together though!

2amscrapper said...

How wonderful!

Chelsea said...

Hi Denise,
Isn't so great to have friend like that.
I'm sure she feels the same way about you.
So sweet and thoughtful of her to send you such goodies. Wow!
Enjoy the beautiful card and gifts.
Luv,
Chelsea

Stacy said...

Of course I feel the same way about you too Denise! "You rock!!" wink wink You are the best friend there is and I am lucky to you have you as mine. And it was fun picking out all the stuff for you. xoxo stacy

bakscrap said...

How lucky for you to have such a wonderful friend! And the goodies aren't bad either!

Sandra D said...

Such a lovely story. How wonderful for you both to have each other :)