Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday Blues - altering a silk flower from Michael's

No I'm not sad.  I've been working with lots of blue today.  In fact my fingers are covered in it, probably for a few days at least.  I bought some silk flowers at Michaels to play with a few weeks ago.  I needed some blue flowers for today's layout and didn't have the right shade.  So I pulled out these white flowers to alter.


First I grabbed an ink pad and inked them up.


Then I put them on some wax paper and sprayed them with glimmer mist.

Finally, I added some Stickles around the outside and some lines from the center to the end.


And this is what I got.  It's interesting that the glimmer mist changed the color from a dark blue to a lighter blue with some shades of purple in it.  Not what I originally had in mind, but I really liked it so I went with it.  Silk Flowers are always so cheap at Michaels, and I picked these up on Clearance.  I think I'll be making more...

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Don't you just love glimmer mist! The dollar store is great too for those flowers!

TeenaBugg38 said...

(GASP!!)
Look at those!!! OMG!!! How easy and how flippin cool! You so smart :)

Denise said...

Stop that Tina, you are gonna fill my head up with hot air! Seriously, thank you so much. I needed a sweet compliment after the two day battle I've had with blogger. Pretty sure I lost too. LMAO.

CraftyGirl said...

These are fabulous!! I love how you can alter the color to the LO this way!! Hope that blue comes off the fingers soon!!
Barb :)

~Christina~ said...

I just love that sparkle :) :) :) :)

Marlene said...

Oooh...craftastic!!! Me likey!

bakscrap said...

Oh! Very pretty. I am going to have to do this for my wedding album to get the right color too.