Monday, May 31, 2010

New Challenge at Practical Scrappers- Vellum, Transparencies. and Acryllic

Happy Memorial Day!  Thank you to all the men and women who have sacrificed so much to keep our country safe.  And a big hug to the families who bravely wait for them at home.

This week's challenge at Practical Scrappers is Vellum, Transparencies. and acrylic.  I love love love Vellum so this one was easy for me.  I have tons of quotes (and I mean tons) that I've acquired from a Quick Quotes weekend getaway.  I used one in this card.


I used paint to hide the adhesive and painted a piece of rick rack green and added some glitter.  Then I put some Prima on it, some lavender pearls, and some tiny strips of paper that I curled around a paintbrush.  I had so much fun making this card.  This one is definitely for my hubby :)  

Denise

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Sooooo pretty! You make the prettiest cards. Love the bits of curled paper, pearls and all the rest of the embellies! I know your hubby will LOVE it!!

CraftyGirl said...

I love the quick quotes too!! They are always so beautiful and they have a quote for every occassion!! Your card is gorgeous!! Love the colors and those delightful flowers!!
Barb :)

Kim said...

Denise,
this is stunning! I love your colors and the flowers are beautiful!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Carina Gardner said...

Found you on MME blog - you have such a sweet blog! :) Love the card - the flowers are super cute!

Heidi Mattessich said...

What a beautiful card, Denise!