Monday, May 10, 2010

New Challenge at Practical Scrappers this week - Punches

Hey everyone,

Today is monday so it's time for a new challenge over at Practical Scrappers.  This week's challenge is to use your punches.  This was a tough one for me.  I don't have very many punches and the ones I have, I don't use very often.  For this challenge, I used a circle punch to make my two flowers.  I also punched out some hearts to adhere the page.  I then used a border on a piece of patterned vellum.


Practical Scrappers is also starting a new monthly challenge that is a little different from their usual challenges.  "The first challenge for the month of May is going to be called "Recycle, Renew, Reuse". Earth Day has just passed and we are full swing into the season of Spring, otherwise know as the season the renewal, rebirth, and regrowth. Your challenge is to create a project (LO, card, altered item whichever your preference)using a recycled item (cardboard, cereal boxes, popscicle sticks, plastic...etc)on your project to give it a new purpose than what it was intended."


I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.  Love the idea of recycling something on your projects.  Hope everyone had a good weekend.  I got some fabulous hand made cards from the kids.  They were so happy and proud of themselves for making them.  Priceless :)


Denise

9 comments:

CraftyGirl said...

Denise...Love your flowers! I keep seeing these but have not tried them yet.... they look really great with those sweet little photos you used!!
Barb :)

kmassman said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors on this one! You used your punches well!

Elise said...

Hi Denise!!!
I just love seeing your little girl! She's soooo adorably cute and such a "ham"!!! lol! Gotta love it!

Well,I think you've done a marvelous job on this layout and the colors go perfectly with your little one's outfit! I love how you've used the punches to make your flowers ... clever idea!!! :)

Thank you for always coming over to visit me on my blog and leaving such sweetness that leaves a huge smile on my face! You always are so sweet! :)

Hugs,
Elise

Stacy said...

I think it is hilarious that Practical Scrappers is doing a recycle challenge...that is exactly what I wrote on my blog earlier today.... Check it out and see what I mean!

I love your page. Love that girl too!

Betty Anne said...

Beautiful layout, but with that little cutie of yours how could it not be.

Jackie said...

Great job. I like the layout of this with the pics in the center like that :)

Marlene said...

Such a pretty layout. Love the photos of your daughter. She's so cute! That flower is amazing, too.

~Christina~ said...

How cute is that layout!!! LOVE it :)

Heidi Mattessich said...

This layout is so girlie and cute! Love what you you did with the punches and those pictures are adorable :)