Monday, May 24, 2010

It's Monday - Time for a new Practical Scrappers Challenge

This week's challenge is Felt, Fabric, or Tulle.  I love the look of fabric on layouts and cards.  It just adds so much to it.  I decided to make some fabric flowers for this challenge.  I used a satiny white fabric that I picked up at Joann's.  The layout is of one of my niece Teagan.  She's so little here!


I've got another funny kid story for you.  Lara sneaked into my room and found my mentholatum jar in my side table.  She thought she and Nicholas needed a little.  Despite multiple washings, her hair is still a little oily!





Have a wonderful Monday :)

Denise

10 comments:

Kim said...

These flowers are incredible! Love that you made them! The other story is funny, I'm sure not when it happened though...
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Denise said...

It happened Friday night Kim. Chris and I and laughed sooo hard and then threw Lara in the bath and Nick in the Shower!

Betty Anne said...

The layout of your niece is absolutly beautiful. I love the flowers you made, the pretty paper and the ric rac. Fantastic job.
Aren't kids just too cute lol. I'm sure it will take a few more washings to get it all out of her hair.

Cokie Pop Paper Boutique said...

What a beautiful baby. Love the flowers and the soft colors on this LO.

Stacy said...

Jesse did the same sort of thing but with vaseline....and got it in the carpet too... The hair eventually got clean but the carpet never recovered! ha
Love your layout...you will have to show me how to make the flower when you visit. That Teagan is such a cutie!

bosenberries said...

really sweet... just look at the little knit dress on the baby! Great job on the flowers!

~Christina~ said...

Oh my word!!! I think my 10year old's hair is still a little greasy from when he was 2 and decided to bath in A+D Ointment! LOL.

Fabulous layout :)

CraftyGirl said...

Gorgeous LO!! Love those sweet little flowers... perfect for the sweet little baby!! The papers you used are absolutely perfect!! Glad to hear the hair came clean!! And that you had a sense of humor about it!!
Barb :)

anazelia said...

wow denise that is a beautiful layout. well done.

Marlene said...

Beautiful baby....great layout...and I'm laughing about the kids getting into the sticky stuff! LOL!