Thursday, May 13, 2010

Friends

Hey gals,

I really need to start being less friendly.  Seriously.  Our backyard backs up to open space and has a creek and small walkway right behind it.  Our house is above it, so you only see the top 1/2 of people walking by on the trail.  Anyway, a guy comes through and my little shitzu just went bezerk.  I smile at him, say hello, and tell him my dog never bites.  He actually tried to pet him, but then pulled his hand back when Simba snapped at him.  I was shocked at the little shit(zu)!  Well, turns out the guy had pried open a window and started breaking into a house up the street.  The woman was home, so she when she told him she was on the line with 911 he took off.  Note to self:  Do not tell strangers your dog doesn't bite.  Wait:  Don't talk to strangers.  Duh.  And no, we do not live in a rough neighborhood.  We live in a nice area and there is very little crime.  Thus my guard was down.  

Okay, here's today's sketch.  I'm on a roll with the Let's Scrap blog hop.  I had to choose any one of their sketches (I chose NSD5) and make it "scream monochromatic".  These pictures are at my girlfriend Stacy's house.  Stacy and her husband adopted their sweet girl when we did.  So basically we're friends for life.  I got her addicted to scrapbooking though, so her hubby's not as happy with me right now.  His debit card's been taking a nasty hit, he he he.





Have a fabulous day!  Denise

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Look...a picture of me and my friend! ha Why didn't you tell me I needed to go put on some makeup and fix my hair??!! lol xo

Marlene said...

Your layout is fantastic. Your dog is a SMART little SHIT! Isn't it funny how they just "know"? By the way, I have a shih-tzu, too. Love him to pieces.

TeenaBugg38 said...

Animals are the best judges of character in the world! Your furbaby knew there was something fishy!!! Don't give up on being friendly....just keep your dog with you.....lol.

Love the colors of your Layout...it all flows together beautifully and your friend looks fine...geeze, tell her I said so!!! :)

Denise said...

I'll definitely pass it along Teena! Seriously, she's gorgeous, what is she talking about!

CraftyGirl said...

Isn't it nice when you have such an intimidating guard dog to keep you safe?!! Unfortunately in todays world, we need to always have our guard up a little. Glad everything worked out okay. But on to your LO... it is gorgeous!! Love your details in the corners!
Barb :)

Betty Anne said...

Love your layout. That's pretty scary about the guy thank goodness your little dog knew what was up. Just curious, after the lady called 911 did the police get there in time to catch the guy?

Denise said...

Nope, guy is still out there. I'm sure he's long gone by now. Or at least he would be if he had any brains.