Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dad

I squeezed in a card yesterday for Father's day.  I used a card sketch over at Let's Scrap and a color challenge at Picture Perfect Creations.  When I saw their colors this week I knew they'd be perfect for this card. 




I also found out this morning via email that I am the stand-in room mom for Nicholas' classroom.  I need to decorate a 5 foot piece of paper for all the kids to sign next week for Teacher Appreciation week.  Good thing I read the mass email.  LOL.  Guess Nicolas and I will both be working on homework this weekend. (He needs to do a diorama of a Rhino in his environment.)  Luckily, I have the cricut cartridges Locker Talk and Plantin Schoolbook so I can put something together.  Maybe I'll be able to put a dent in my scrap pile.  That would be cool.

Happy Thursday gals.  The weekend's coming :)

14 comments:

Allison said...

This card is awesome! I love the LO and you're right, the PPC colors work perfectly! Any dad will definitely love this. Thanks for playing along!

Allison - PPC Creator

TeenaBugg38 said...

WOW I love that card!!! I better get to work making something for the kids to give daddy....it'll be here before ya know it!

Stacy said...

Hey girl, I really LOVE this card...I may steal it (the idea, anyway)! ha And make it for my dad. The banner sounds fun but also like a lot of work...ha I bet you have a blast! Good luck working your way through your scrap pile!!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

so cute, great idea...have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

CraftyGirl said...

This is a fabulous card!! So manly and perfect for a dad!!! Very creative!!
Barb :)

Sandy said...

Great card!! Boy seeing it reminds me I still need to make one for father's day!! I love how all the squares pop with all the layers! Thanks for joining us at PPC this week!

ScrapAddict'sAttic said...

Wonderful Father's Day card! Thanks for playing along this week with PPC!
~Paula a PPC Creator

Lori Turner said...

What an awesome layout for this type of card - I totally LOVE this! Thanks for playing with us at PPC and I hope to see more of your creations in future challenges!!

Lori - PPC Creator

Tamie said...

What a great father's day card. Your layout and the way you worked the colors is great! Hope to see you next week and thank you so much for playing with us this week at PPC.

Tamie - PPC Creator.

Cokie Pop Paper Boutique said...

Wow Denise. I love the design on this card. Awesome!

Debbie said...

This is VERY CLEVER and cute! Thanks for sharing your design with us at PPC this week :)

*Spring Blossom* said...

What a great father's day card - I think I might have to use this sketch myself!!

Trish - PPC Creator

Jackie said...

Hey Denise, this card rocks! It's so original. Thanks for playing with us this week :)

~Christina~ said...

WAAAY AWESOME :)