Sunday, June 6, 2010

Blog Candy and a way to make a sweet boy smile

Hey girls,

I'm doing something a little different today and knowing how sweet you all are, I think you'll dig it.  I came across a picture of this sweet picture of Lennon earlier this week.


Lennon, who's almost 4 years old has been battling cancer since he was 2 years old.  

Lennon's mom Amanda said, "wherever the action is, that's where 3-year-old Lennon will be. Running around outside, playing video games and pretending to be his favorite super hero. He's always laughing, running around giving the nurses a hard time you would never know he was sick." But Lennon is a sick little boy.

Lennon now has multiple tumors on his brain and spine. He will have to begin the fight all over again. Now Lennon's single mother said her only son has a 20-percent chance of survival but they're not giving up.

Amanda said they are taking each day in stride, and even though Lennon's bright-orange hair is gone, his spunk that matches it is still here!! "Lennon's a fighter, so am I. We'll beat it," according to Hunt. 

I decided to put up some blog candy as a little incentive to make a card for Lennon.  Something fun, funny, upbeat, or just cute would be great.  His nana over at http://fablady.blogspot.com/, says he loves getting cards and has offered to have the cards sent to her since Lennon will be getting Chemo next week.  She wants to make sure he gets them!  I know most people would make a card out of the goodness of their heart, but why not add a little RAK for your RAK?  

Please make a little guy smile and send Lennon a card to:

Lennon Hunt
c/0 Pages in Time
5221 South 48 St
Lincoln NE 68516


If you'd like to enter my blog candy, please blog about this post so others might be inspired to make a card along with a picture of it and add your link to Mr. Linky below.  You can enter as much as you want, but please mail them out a week at a time so he can get cards for a little while :)  This is a great way for you to use up those scraps, win some candy, and do a really cool thing for a sweet boy.  For more information about Lennon and how you can help, you can go to http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/lennonhunt/guestbook.  

Oh yeah, here's the small Blog Candy I'm offering up.  I'll draw a name on Monday June 14th.  


Hope everyone has a fabulous three day weekend. Hope I see you around :)

Denise


25 comments:

Courtney said...

Denise...I think this is a great thing you are doing! I will be posting to my blog!

~Courtney~

TeenaBugg38 said...

Awwwwwwwwwww........dangit I have tears in my eyes!! What a cutie! No child should ever have to go thru something like this...I'm not a card maker by any means but I'm a mama so I'm joining in....headed over to post now (sniff, sniff)

Marlene said...

What a sweet little boy...and what a horrible disease. :(

Bonnie J said...

It is wonderful that you are doing this Denise. I'll be sending a card or two or more. As you know, pediatric cancer research is a cause to which I am passionately devoted. I know too many little ones who are cancer warriors. Sadly, some of them have lost their battles in spite of their valiant fight.

fablady said...

thank you ladies,my grandson is a darling and he will love getting ur cards u send him! Karen

Denise said...

Bonnie,

I just knew you'd be #1. I know how much this hits home, thank you so much :)

xoxo,

Denise

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I will have me and my kids make cards this weekend! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Photo Junkie said...

I saw your link of FB about Lennon and popped on over. I am so glad I did! You have a great blog! Now I must stalk, um, "follow" you. :)

Denise said...

Stalk away, lol.

Kristy said...

This is such a great thing you're doing! I know that this will definitely lift his spirits. What a strong lil' boy to be having to go through such a trying time at such a young age. God bless him and his family. Many thoughts and prayers coming their way!

Toucan Scraps said...

Denise, I make animated e-cards, do you think they could get a computer screen for Lennon to watch one on?

Denise said...

How cool is that! I'm sure they do. Let me get an email addy for you. Thank you sooo much. What a fun idea. I'm sure he'd totally love it. Don't forget to link your site for my candy :)

anazelia said...

I very rarely make cards, but will attempt one this weekend. Breaks my heart. And I am going to share this post with others. Not for a RAK, but for the goodness you are doing Denise.

Barb's Boys said...

What a great way to spread the word - that is so sweet that he likes getting cards...I'm going to find as many cute 'kid' card ideas as I can and stagger them out for a while!

Denise said...

Thank you all for jumping right in and offering to send off cards. You girls are so caring and giving, it's awesome.

Elise said...

Hi Denise,
Oh gosh, this is heart wrenching. My heart is just so aching for this little guy and his family. This is so lovely of you Denise ... I will put this up on my sidebar for others to join in. I'll have my little 3 year old and myself make a card for Lennon this week. You're so awesome for doing this!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Scrapamum said...

I made a card!!! I won't have a chance to get if photographed so you don't need to enter me for the RAK but I have to say this is so wonderful of you to do! My heart aches for this family this is the least I can do.

Stacy said...

Hi Sweetie,

We are all going to make cards this weekend (the kids and I) and send them to Lennon. I already posted about it on my blog and put a link to your site for anyone who is interested. You are so sweet to do this!! xo

Barb's Boys said...

Here's another one for Lennon -

Kelly Massman said...

This is a great idea! I'm sure he will receive many cards! Wish they could take his pain away... :-)

Kelly Massman said...

I'll send the little cutie a card! I've posted your candy on my blog! :-)

Crafty Chris said...

that is a fab idea, put a little smile on his face, poor boy having such a awful disease and he is gorgeous, Christine here aka crafty chris thanks for being my 100th follower, you will find my email on my blog if you would send me your addy and I will send you a little surprise for being my 100 follower, I joined your blog as well you have gorgeous LO.
Thanks
Christine x

Lori Apgar said...

I mailed off my card on Friday. I am so glad to be able to send him a tiny thing that might make his day a little brighter!! Thanks for the opportunity!!

Stacy said...

Quinn needed to make Lennon a card and here is what he came up with...

http://scrapwithstacy.blogspot.com/2010/06/another-card-for-lennon.html

I think I am pretty lucky to have such a kind hearted son.
Thanks for challenging us to do this project! I am sure it will brighten Lennon's day.

cheribella said...

I haven't really made any cards for months but this breaks my heart. I definitely want to try and get one made for him so I will see what images I have colored up. Please don't enter me in the blog candy...this is because I have two beautiful grown sons of my own and every day is a blessing.
Cheri