Monday, March 15, 2010

Think you aren't creative enough?

Maybe you're thinking you'd like to scrapbook, but you don't have a creative bone in your body?  Let me tell you, you don't need to!  My little sister has been creative her whole life.  She was playing with stamps, markers, and stickers when she was three.  Honestly.  I liked stickers as a kid, but I never knew what to do with them!  They were pretty but...?  Then I married my husband 11 years ago.  Best decision of my life.  My ex-stepmother (whole other story there,lol) gave me a creative memories album of scrapbook pages from my birth to about age 14.  I thought it was really cool and decided to give it a try.  I was 24/25 by this point.  And STILL not one creative bone or even hair really in my body.  Here's what my first page looked like....


....yes, my seven year old son would have done better...  yes, yes, I know, hilarious...can't breathe?... Bending over yet...I know, I know.... Okay.... get off the floor now, you're embarrassing me.  

The point is I am not creative by nature.  I like organization, smooth lines, etc.  It took a lot of scraplifting and classes to figure out how to copy all those irritatingly crafty people.  So don't throw in the towel if your pages don't look like all those designers out there.  Just have fun and learn as you go.  I kinda like my first pages and I can show my kids that if you don't give up and keep practicing at something, you will get better. 

Have fun!

Denise

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I have pages that look like that too! The kids like to look at them and see how far mom has come ;)

Nicole Curtis said...

I love it. Your blog is so relateable. You are very inspirational! Thanks and keep on bloggin!

Denise said...

Good for you Jackie!!! Nicole, aren't you a sweetie for writing that. Oh, and by the way, everyone, she is my super creative baby sister :)